Sign in to follow this  
horsenut

1984 Case/Ingersoll Black Frame 222 (12hp Kohler)

Jake Kuhn

Looks very nice :handgestures-thumbup:

300zx

Horsenut, the Case/Ingersoll looks great. That is the same blower Kubota badged as a B748 for their early tractors. I bought one and restored it for my 1979 B7100 Kubota last winter and have not had a chance to use it. I bought all of my parts from a Case/Ingersoll dealer. Much cheaper that going through Kubota, as you would expect. I sent it out to be sand blasted and powder coated. Here are some before and after pictures:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110263893958737890068/KubotaB748bSnowCaster#

John

horsenut

Horsenut, the Case/Ingersoll looks great. That is the same blower Kubota badged as a B748 for their early tractors. I bought one and restored it for my 1979 B7100 Kubota last winter and have not had a chance to use it. I bought all of my parts from a Case/Ingersoll dealer. Much cheaper that going through Kubota, as you would expect. I sent it out to be sand blasted and powder coated. Here are some before and after pictures:

https://picasaweb.go...748bSnowCaster#

John

WoW John...that is incredible work...looks like the only difference is the mount to the tractor...but yoiu did an awesome job!

horsenut

here is what it looked like when I got it..last year

BlackFramewhenIgotit.jpg

300zx

I have never been around the Case/Ingersoll garden tractors. As a matter of fact, I had never heard of Ingersoll equipment until I bought the snow blower/caster. How do they compare to Wheel Horse?

horsenut

I have never been around the Case/Ingersoll garden tractors. As a matter of fact, I had never heard of Ingersoll equipment until I bought the snow blower/caster. How do they compare to Wheel Horse?

I'll touch on this one 222 and the C-120automatic since they compare directly...

I have only had one WHorse in my life. The C120 (aweome tractor)...this tractor is very similar in function and durability (both powered by the 12hp Kohler). They both are hydraulic driven (for the most part) the Case pump runs directly off the back of the Kohler and the Whorse pump is belt driven. I like the Clutch setup on the Whorse much better, they are similar in weight and attachments I do like the case decks better though (very heavy duty). Both tractors when well cared for will last forever...Simple, basic, rugged and dependable...The two tractors I've spoken of are very similar...