Sign in to follow this  
Hammerhead

Tractor Stacker!

Hammerhead

004-2.jpg008-3.jpg076.jpg092.jpg103.jpg108.jpg

I need more tractor storage(who don't!), so I made a drawing and fabricated a nice heavy duty tractor stacker shelf! With some help from my buddy Packrat, he cut all the 1 inch square tubing to within 1/4 inch of my specs and then I cut all the peices to specs and started the long welding process. This is pretty much the first welding project I have ever done! It had to fit in my garage perfectly to make it all work. I had to move some of the herd out. It took about 28 hours total to build it, clamp it, weld it, grind all the welds, paint it and move it into my over stuffed garage. Took alot longer than I thought it would but it paid off in the end! It fit perfectly in the spot and the bottom tractors fit on their parking pads to hold it down. The top tractors fit right on top of the support bars under all 4 tires. I need 2 sheets of 3/4 inch tongue and groove plywood to finish the top, but for now I used a 2X8 board and a 2X4 for the other one. Not bad for a rookie welder! Now I need another one for shits and giggles! How's it look fella's??? Thanks...Hammerhead

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Nice job, and a great idea!

1maidenfan

Looks great!!! One heck of a job.

squonk

Looks good, but that Tecky sign bothers me! :ychain:

TT

Yep - that's a nice rack. :hilarious:

I built mine out of free lumber in about three hours start-to-finish.

042708006.jpg

Glad to hear you're putting a solid deck on the top...... you never realize how much a tractor leaks fluids until you park it above another one. :disgust:

Sparky

Looks great. Of course this is a great idea for you round hood guys, but whats a guy to do with all C's and 400 series stuff?

Mike........

• Like 1

ben06351

Sweet setup. Works well for the round hoods. :)

speedyleedy

You done a another fine job their " hammerhead " are you taking order's for them yet ! :ychain:

Jake Kuhn

Looks great :bow-blue:

sorekiwi

A big old shelf does work great. This one will fit 3 little ones up top, and 2 bigger ones underneath.

IMG_3099.jpg

Brrly1

Built one for the garage, it has been cut down a small bit in order to fit in the shed. Looks good but with the size of your herd your going to need at least another dozen. Good Job!!!

AMC RULES

Looks pretty cool Hammerhead. :thumbs:

One day I hope to have in my possession enough round hoods to warrant me making a tractor stacker too. :eusa-doh:

I think? :scratchead:

Pollack Pete

Looks great.I've been thinking of going vertical too.I have 14 foot cielings.Lots of wasted space.I have a forklift to raise and lower them.Do you push or drive yours up those ramps? I have lots of non-runners.They're a real bear to push uphill.What size steel did your use?

dclarke

Looks good, :thumbs: I'm going to have to do that too or start parking them in the spare bedroom.

• Like 1

sorekiwi

.Do you push or drive yours up those ramps? I have lots of non-runners.They're a real bear to push uphill.

I use my ramps to put the tractor in the bed of my truck, then turn the ramps around to push them from the truck up onto the shelf. The truck gets them 1/2 way up there. Its more work than I would like, but not as scary as pushing them directly up onto the shelf.

Zeek

Wow nice job to all you guys with the stands! Might have to do that :eusa-think:

Hammerhead

Thanks guys! I could have made it out of wood pretty easily, since I am a carpenter! Haha! The wood wouldn't work on my application, it would make it too thick and less room to park a tractor with a mower deck like the 2 tractors on the bottom. I pushed mine up the 8 ft ramps and it was kind of hard to get them up there safely. The RJ58 is pretty light and went right up, but the 551 was alot heavier and harder to get up there. I like your idea of putting a tractor in the truck bed first, good idea sorekiwi ! A 10 ft. ramp board would work a little better too. Keith

stevebo

Throw a winch on the back and winch it up or mahybe use a come along?? Looks great !

HorseFixer

Great Job Hammer! :thumbs: Looks Good.

~Duke

Rooster

Throw a winch on the back and winch it up or mahybe use a come along?? Looks great !

Boat winches are $15 and work great!