Sign in to follow this  
redfordie

WH In the movies...

redfordie

I was watching the Chevy Chase film - Funny Farm and noticed Chevy cutting the grass on none other than a Wheel Horse. If memory serves, it was similar to this (minus the chrome he he!)

Has anyone else spotted a 'Horse in a film or TV show?

420LSE.jpg

T-Mo

It's not a movie, but I seen a Wheel Horse sitting in a barn on the Canadian HGTV show, Holmes on Homes. We can view it here in the states now on TLC.

CasualObserver

Yeah, he uses a WH in Funny Farm... I think it's bout a 211-H... it's one of the smaller ones. I noticed it again a couple weeks ago and have been trying to get a screen shot of him on it, but haven't managed to find it anywhere.

DMESS

As soon as I read the topic title I thought about Funny Farm. It was a 200 series maroon stripe indeed. :whistle:

wh500special

I recall that when WH had the museum in South Bend (now all the stuff is at the HQ in Minneapolis) they had as poster of Chevy Chase sitting on a 200 series hanging on the wall. i think the caption said they gave him a tractor too.

Steve

Curmudgeon

Also not a movie, but Dean Johnson used a Wheel Horse with tiller on Hometime.

HorseFixer

This makes me want to rent the movie! :WRS::D:D Maybe I will rent it this weekend! Can you believe it? A bunch "O" guys talking about a movie that has our favorite tractor in it! :dunno: Are we addicted or what!!! :whistle:

Duke

CasualObserver

Can you believe it? A bunch "O" guys talking about a movie that has our favorite tractor in it! :D Are we addicted or what!!! :whistle:

Duke

:WRS: Not the first time!

This was just a few months ago. Follow That Bird (topic 1) Follow That Bird (topic 2)

Curmudgeon

Like I have time to read all the new posts, now I'm going back to read old ones. I'd say again, but they must have been ones I didn't read the first time due to lack of time. Or maybe they were during one of my hiatuses.

Thanks Jason, I owe ya now!

BPjunk

Yup This subject has been covered before only with some new additions.

I am a fan of British comedy and in one of the episodes of "The Vicar of Dibley" staring the actress Dawn French there is a scene with a Wheel Horse tractor being sat on by one of the other cast members.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Curmudgeon

OH man!! I'll get way :whistle: but I love the British Comedies!! I'm not familiar with that one though....

KyBlue

Also not a movie, but Dean Johnson used a Wheel Horse with tiller on Hometime.

That is one of the reason I bought my WH - how well it worked for Dean on the log cabin project IIRC

WheelHorse_of_course

Yup This subject has been covered before only with some new additions.

I am a fan of British comedy and in one of the episodes of "The Vicar of Dibley" staring the actress Dawn French there is a scene with a Wheel Horse tractor being sat on by one of the other cast members.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

:whistle::WRS:

Now that is cool. The Vicar of Dibley is probably my favorite of all my beloved British Comedies!

Not on very often where I am though. Need to keep my eyes open for it. Was it Owen

wh500special

Digging up old threads...

I was watching the Chevy Chase film - Funny Farm and noticed Chevy cutting the grass on none other than a Wheel Horse.

Happened to see some of this movie the other day and the tractor is a model 212-6. (vertical shaft, aero headlights, 12.5 hp Kawasaki engine, 6 speed Peerless). The guide on my TV said the movie was made in 1988, so I assume the tractor was an 87-88 model.

I had never seen the movie before and can honestly say I won't be watching it again since it wasn't as funny as I thought it might be.

Nice to see a shiney, new tractor though 20 years later.

Brrly1

I seen one on a T.V. show about Blizzards in the United States it was on the science channel back I think in 1973 it was showing how hard I believe Washington D.C, and New York got hit and showed of course a GT14 out in the middle of the storm pushing snow and as we all know there are several ways to identify a GT wouldn't you know it I would spot the GT14 Have a good day Burly :banghead:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

evanloock

Dennis Quaid also rode on a Wheel Horse (B-Series V-Shaft if I recall correctly) in the movie "Everybody's All-American".

Buzz

:USA: Welcome aboard Eric, glad you found us. If I remember correctly (and at my age the odds are fifty-fifty) the last time I saw your Pond at one of the early shows , the rear tires were held on the rims with duct tape...... :banghead:

perry

just remembered, i have both funny farm and follow that bird on VHS :D . and thier both some cheezy movies :disgust::D

evanloock

Hey Buzz: Yep that duct tape got me through the parades!!!!

Buzz

Hey Buzz: Yep that duct tape got me through the parades!!!!

And somewhere I've seen a picture of it............ Hey Nick, I need you to find a picture for us :banghead:

C-Series14

I believe I got some pics somewhere.....I just gots to find them! :banghead:

Curmudgeon

All I can say is, I was there and watched Eric put that duct tape on.

The next year he was back with the same tractor, but you'd never have known in by looking at it!

Welcome, Eric. Been a long time.

Buzz

The picture I was looking for was when they were putting it on behind the lunch room/restaurant.............. It's out there somewhere.

Nick

I didnt find a tape picture so here is a parade picture. I think this is 2002.

show129.jpg