Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Picked up an original 1957 RJ35-Lots of Pictures!

wheelhorse656

Steve if you run run out of room for them RJ's I would be glad to come up and a take one or two off your hands for free!! :ychain:

anyways nice find!!!

stevebo

I think I will just have to bit the bullet and build a barn to store these in. I have been collecting these for a while and they have found they're final place (at least for the next 40 years or more (hopefully). :)

fireman

I think I will just have to bit the bullet and build a barn to store these in. I have been collecting these for a while and they have found they're final place (at least for the next 40 years or more (hopefully). :)

That's what I said once upon a time. You never know what changes time will bring. Just enjoy them for now!

DoctorHfuhruhurr

sorry to stray off topic but does an RJ-35 have brakes? I didn't notice anything in the photos posted that looked like brakes to me.

fireman

Brakes were an option! Not all have them. There is a brake band that tightens around a hub on one side when you step on the pedal

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Brakes were an option! Not all have them. There is a brake band that tightens around a hub on one side when you step on the pedal

Thanks for the interesting response. I wouldn't have imagined that as optional but I suppose since they aren't meant to go very fast it probably slows quickly on rough surfaces when the throttle is reduced.

stevebo

To add.. these 35's freewheel down hills so if you do not have brakes......... hold on ! :auto-layrubber: Ask Gnlark (Matt)...

Ken B

Steve if you run run out of room for them RJ's I would be glad to come up and a take one or two off your hands for free!! :ychain:

anyways nice find!!!

I was up to the Ponderosa today for a visit with Steve. Unless you are a Horse rustler you'll have a pretty hard time getting any of Steve's Horse's away from him. Each Horse has its own story and that makes each tractor even more interesting. Once Steve gets that barn up (with the barbed electrified fence to keep the rustlers at bay) I think he is going to start breeding them! :lol:

steamfitter

steve I have to say son, you are amazing!!!n p0p would be proud of ya

stevebo

I was able to pick up the motor yesterday from the po and bolt it on. It will need a rebuild as it is locked up however it is back together. While I was there I ended up with something else.... (see the next thread shortly...)

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

rj35hunter

Looks better with the original engine back on it! :)

Clay

clintonnut

Jeeze Steve! When you going to call it quits? I guess if you hold onto them long enough it is basically retirement lol

stevebo

Chalie-

You should not complain since you now have at least one more clinton to rebuild ... maybe 2??

oneroadkingman

nice find almost like hitting the lotto lol.

• Like 1

stevebo

Here is an updated pic of both 57 RJ's

I am posting some pics of the rear tires for another member here to see. They are from Austrailia..... Never saw a set with this type of tread design.

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

AMC RULES

Any updates Steve, what's going on at the RJ corral lately? :text-coolphotos: