Sign in to follow this  
kthack657

White or Red

kthack657

So Jim and I are having a debate on what color the seat pan of a 701 should be. One of us thinks it is red the other white. We are thinking about getting the seat pan powder coated and want to make sure it is correct before we commit. Please let us know which color is right, we went to the gallery and unfortunately most had seat covers, the others had the wrong seat or were red or white...we even took pictures of one at the Dover, PA show and it was white. PLEASE HELP!!

Thank You :):) :)

Rollerman

Neither....."Linen Biege"

rmaynard

If you look at the owners manual for the 701, it has a picture of the 401, 551 and 701 on the cover. Although the picture is black and white, the seats all appear to be white (or linen beige).

Kelly

After 50 years mine are probably wrong but both a red, they were under covers just throwing that out there, when I restore mine I think it will be red but have a cover on it. all the square seat pan tractors I have all are red.

MalMac

I have got an original from my Dad that has never been redone. It is Linen beige.

• Like 2

specialwheelhorse

Well Both Mine are Linen Beige !

TT

Anyone else care to include what style of seat is on their 701?

I have seen them with all three different styles - the vented (13/5 round-hole) type, the non-perforated, and the "square". Both types of round seats were beige, and the "square" ones were red.

My 701 had the red square seat on it.

rmaynard

And yet another. This belongs to an acquaintance of mine. Claims it's original paint on everything but the hood.

post-2221-0-27260900-1326220911_thumb.jp

speedyleedy

I have 2 of the 701 model tractors that are unrestored with original paint & they both have red seat ! :eusa-think:

Kelly

Mine are all the square seats, all red on the 3 I have.

kthack657

Wow thank you everyone, I think I am now confused more than ever. Perhaps they came in either? Just a thought, I know wheelhorse sometimes used spare parts that were laying around, could this be the case with the 701?

specialwheelhorse

Well after checking some early adds featureing 701s they show square seats and white but also checking

my parts manuels a square is shown and a seat pad whitch could very well have been white and might appear

white in an add. Jim

whfan74

Square and red for mine!

grnlark

mask a line down the center and do one half red and one half white. :hide:

buckrancher

if you put one of my wife's reproduction seat covers on your square pan seat

The color won't matter

brian

• Like 3

whfan74

Hey Brian......do you have a price for those seat covers? I am in the market for one! :roll:

jimt1971

Brian,

We will be putting one of Jo's covers on this tractor. I was the one who thought it should be red. I could just paint a red bullseye on it and I would know where to sit.

Jim

AMC RULES

I can attest that Mrs Buckrancher's seat covers are of the highest quality. :icecream:

You won't be disappointed. :bow-blue:

Oh yeah, the seat on my original owner 653 is of the red, and square variety. :dunno: