Sign in to follow this  
Will G

96-42ST01 42 inch blower belt replacement

Will G

Finally got my blower mounted on my C-81 and was testing it out and after about 30 seconds of it running the original looking belt broke. Does the main drive pulley have to be removed to install a new belt?

rmaynard

Short answer is yes.

Kelly

Well I have had them that the pulley will not come off, so I unbolted the bearing near the pulley, that gave me enough room to slide the belt in between the blower housing and the pulley.

can whlvr

i can get mine on without tools but its a squeeze,but i would tr y it first before taking the pulley off

wallfish

Well I have had them that the pulley will not come off, so I unbolted the bearing near the pulley, that gave me enough room to slide the belt in between the blower housing and the pulley.

This usually works well. #9750 is the OEM belt #

Will G

Getting a new one tomorrow from the local electrical/motor/bearing supply house, I have found them to be about 1/2 the price of OEM belts

Kelly

Be sure it's a wrapped belt having like a cloth coating on it, and not a rubber belt the rubber style will not work right, they will not release correctly.

mowerman1193

Well I was just getting ready to ask this same question..I had thought about unbolting the bearing to see if that would work..

Kevin

Will G

Be sure it's a wrapped belt having like a cloth coating on it, and not a rubber belt the rubber style will not work right, they will not release correctly.

I got that style of belt for $13.77

Sparky

I bet you went to Piela's for that belt right? I was able to find bearings for my D series tranny that were NLA at the TORO/Wheel Horse dealer at Piela's. Cool place.

Mike............

Will G

I bet you went to Piela's for that belt right? I was able to find bearings for my D series tranny that were NLA at the TORO/Wheel Horse dealer at Piela's. Cool place.

Mike............

Yup Piela Electric in Preston