cushionartist

Snowblower 79360

cushionartist

Found a guy with a snowthrower Model # 79360. I believe this will fit my 416-8 just fine. Is this model what is known as a dual stage thrower?

Thanks

Kelly

No that is a single stage with the tall shoot, and gear drive to turn the shoot, they bring about $100 more than a old style short shoot with the cable to turn it, if both are in the same shape.

And yes it will fit your 416 make sure you get all the extra parts, lift tube, flag, shoot turning rod, and rod support/holder there is more add on parts to these blowers than the old ones.

cushionartist

All parts are there, he wants $200. I thought that was a good price for either.

varosd

tall chute and gear drive for $200? I would grab it quick. even w/o the lift tube etc, you really would like having the tall chute and the gear drive out weighs any shortcomings...of course if it has bondo welds (Sorry Bob!) or rusted through metal you still may want it anyway in order to add to as a doner ST. 2 stage ST would be nice and your 16 hp could handle it but they run for lots more than 200 and they are less common to find. I payed 200 for a great condition single stage with just a short chute and cable gear drive but it was in such great shape I went for it. Welcome to the madness!

Kelly

Yes $200 if in good shape is a very good price, I get that for good short shoot blowers.

can whlvr

id like one someday,but it wont be this year,havnt even needed the other 2 old stye yet

Forest Road

I almost sold my single stage tall chute recently. After a full refurb on a dual stage I considered selling the single. My wife actually asked me if I was sure I was doing the right thing. She's a keeper, ah my wife too. The tall shoot lets the snow flow a little better than the old style. I've seen tall shoots singles on feebay for $600+++ in the last few months. So you'd better grab it!

noneyadamnbusiness

I have a WH 312-8, along with it came the snow thrower 79360. I would like to have pics of the underneath of the tractor with it attached. I have the flag, lift tube and chute parts. I need to see how the tube fits to the lifting arm (used for wowing deck) Tanks! :)

Edited by Dan Kelley

rexman72

I used my 79360 blower with this snow storm and I am  not sure if I don't know how to snowblow or what but it didn't really throw the snow at all  and kept clogging up the chute.

shallowwatersailor

Down here it was a very wet snow. It was better to plow it than blow it, plus it should all be gone by today.

js5020

Down here it was a very wet snow. It was better to plow it than blow it, plus it should all be gone by today.

I did the same, even with the volume of snow I though the blade better to deal with for removal, snow was pretty wet.  Get that amount in Jan or Feb when its colder and the blower would have been on.

ericj

we had 6"  + of snow here yesterday and it was very wet and heavy. i tried the 520 and 2 stage blower but it would only through it about 3 or 4 ft max and get clogged very easily. so i got the 416-8 out with the 48" blade and that worked extremely well. because it was warm the wet packed snow didn't turn to ice right away like usual

eric j  

stuppy62

So, It wasn't just me that couldn't blow this heavy wet snow. This was my first attempt with 520 & single stage and I thought something was wrong!

MalMac

That's why you need one with a blower ready to go and one with a plow. If your like me even have one with a loader on it. In the past they have been some drifts that had to be knocked down so they could be blown. Heavy wet is just about impossible with a blower. Even with a blade sometimes it takes lots of momentum to remove it.

rexman72

So, It wasn't just me that couldn't blow this heavy wet snow. This was my first attempt with 520 & single stage and I thought something was wrong!

i thought it was just me that was having trouble because I have never used a single stage with a tall chute.I have always plowed.