Sign in to follow this  
oldnugly

Snow blade for 500 Special

oldnugly

I have a nice short, straight frame, snow blade in the classifieds here. A fellow member has asked if it will fit his 500 Special. There are pix in the classified ad--can't get 'em to upload to here. We think it will work but need expert opinions. Thanks

Sparky

The 500 Special is a short frame tractor and the plow you have for sale is also for a short frame tractor so your in luck.

Mike.........

Kelly

Be sure to use the old style plow bracket with it, it's the style that mounts in front of the axle, not sure the new style axle bracket will work with it, in fact I'm pretty sure it will not.

I have a old style mount if he needs one.

specialwheelhorse

No problem My 500 still has the back hitch on it . The PO was in Ohio and had the plow leaned up against the house when I bought the tractor.

Jim Rodgers in The Colony Texas

oldnugly

Thanks, Kelly. We'll let you know. Oh, btw--I'm makin' up a list to send you one of these days.

specialwheelhorse

That's strange mine would mount under the axle

Jim Rodgers

zeedubbya

Oh jeesh you all are making this decision too hard for me now!! I've been wanting to sell the 500 special to buy another wheel horse, but now it looks as though I'm forced to add a plow to it and also buy it another stablemate!! This might just close the bank up oldnugly !!!! ;-). (the banker is what I've been calling my wife in our correspondence!)

oldnugly

Zeedubbya, whether you get the blade or not ya' still need another Horse or two or ...... Just like the hayburner type they're 'herd' creatures. They need to be around their own kind. Nothin' sadder than a lone horse.