nowife69

69 gt-14 no spark

nowife69

i need help with this one....i have wiring diagram, it doesnt have points so if i run wire from bat to module...and other wire from module to coil....i should get spark....i dont need to run wire from alt at this time...im good with briggs,,,havent done a k321 yet...lol

refracman

If you have done what you described you just burnt up you trigger module and they run $150,its a ground wire not a power wire.

SO now what do you do?

You get a complete points setup off any 10/12/14/16hp kohler and install. there is a small plug where the points plunger goes, remove it. Install said parts, replace the ignition switch with a pionts switch. I use a wiring digram from a 1973 C160 and the GT14.

AMC RULES

Oh well, you gotta admit, it's still cheaper than keeping a wife though. :dunno: Good luck with it 69, :WRS:

nowife69

yes the trigger was dead, i used a ford mustang crack sensor, gm 4pin module, and chrysler coil....drilled flywheel at 20 degrees before center....runs like a champ...lights are done and waiting on dash and shifter plate...and we are good....my first wheel horse...now off to build the loader....whoo hoo

refracman

Good to hear your up and running. Are you getting Glenn's dash and shift plate repops? If so they are nice direct fits.

The first loader I had, which I installed on a GT14, I built also.

Its a great tractor for a loader for sure, might want to think about a hydro foot control, with the control postion it gets tricky. lol

When I first built it I copied the design of the OE and found the bucket to be to far forward for the big loads. I shortened the arms, brought the bucket tight to the tractor and it made a big difference on how much it would pick up.

nowife69
DSCN0075.jpglol...i hear ya check this out...all from scrap parts....im taking this loader off, and going on the gt14....1000 lift easy....so this will get removed and put on the gt-140731111415.jpg0409111440a.jpg0731111414a.jpg

nowife69
DSCN0058.jpgok , heres the gt14.....with the crank sensor to module pcDSCN0054.jpgDSCN0059.jpgDSCN0060.jpg

ebinmaine

OLD THREAD REVIVAL

On 2/3/2012 at 5:11 PM, nowife69 said:

the trigger was dead, i used a ford mustang crack sensor, gm 4pin module, and chrysler coil....drilled flywheel at 20 degrees before center....runs like a champ.

On 2/5/2012 at 12:08 PM, nowife69 said:

DSCN0059.jpgDSCN0060.jpg

Figured some of us would be interested in seeing the pics of the connections. 

It would have been great to see more details on the actual drilling and what pin was used to activate the crank sensor but this is an excellent home shop repair for a Kohler trigger ignition with a fried coil.