Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

diagram of a hydraulic motor

jerrell

:whistle: hey guys, ran out of places to look on the net , trying to find a picture, diagram, or schematic(ms) of a simple hydraulic motor, like the ones on a 0 turn mower. i am having trouble with my hustler mower, the left motor is hesitant at first then quits all together. thought i would tear it apart and see if i could fix it myself. i understand all there is inside of those things are 0 rings ,springs,valves, and ball bearings. :WRS:

if any one out there has a simple diagram of a hydro motor would you email it to me at jerrell.caskey@sbcglobal.net

thanks jerrell

kpinnc

Jerrell,

I understand you're just wanting the basics of how the things work, but there are so many differences between manufactuers that it would be hard to give you anything that would be helpful.

Hydrostatics are basically the pump and motor housed inside the same unit. There are also hydraulic drives that have a seperate pump from the motor side of the transmission.

If you can possibly narrow down what we're looking for, I'm sure we can find you something. It would be great if you could post some pics too.

Kevin

jerrell

:D sorry, don't know how to post pic yet, :imstupid: am attempting to learn,but the pump is mounted on the back of a TC56 continial engine, with a hydro motor on each wheel. i don't know the make it goes on an excel 295 hustler, industral mower, i am seeking a diagram of a hydro motor, i am a shade tree mechanic and understand i may distroy the thing,but there is a chance i could fix it. i just need picture of a motor to get an idea of what the inside of it looks like. i may just try to get another.

i am going to attempt to flush the system today and see if that will work, other than that i wll remove the motor and :WRS: this thing has a 84 " deck and i have 5 acres and hate to lose it. it was running great then began to slip on the left side then quit altogether.

with the price of gas today i may forget the whole thing it costs 70.00 just to fill the thing up :D

I appriciate your reply, jerry :whistle:

kpinnc

I can't find any specs on the Hustler, or any parts diagrams.

There are some parts manual pages on the Hustler website, but you'll need the actual part number of the mower to pull them.

I guess it will be easiest to ID the system with some pics if you can get them.

Kevin