Sign in to follow this  
Hydro

Accessory lighting for the 2 stage snow blower

Hydro

Hey guys. I have a long driveway and discovered the chute blocks most of my headlights. Been thinking about some type of a light bar and where to mount it. I don't want to drill the hood of my tractor and I don't have a snow cab. I'm not trying to melt the snow...just trying to see where I am going. Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

rwilson

The one I just got has a pice of angle bolted on the top of the auger housing. It runs the whole length of it with 2 lights on it. ill try to get pictures of it this weekend.

Sparky

Why not make a custom taller version of the HL-5 light kit? It could be as tall as you wanted and it would be a bolt on/off piece so you wouldn't be stuck with it on all summer.

I would think lights wouldnt last long mounted on the blower housing with all the vibrations they would be subjected to.

Mike...........

• Like 1

Paul D.

I think Mike is right regular lights wouldn't hold up very long mounted up to the blower. However if you used LED lights I don't see any reason why they couldn't be mounted to the Blower. Here is a link for a web sight with LED light housings and LED replacement bulbs as well. I know I am thinking of replacing my standard bulbs with the square led panels they have I saw where someone else had used them with great results.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/drl.html%23drl-cw5&utm_source=Car%2BBulbs-General%2Btest&utm_medium=Car%2BBulbs-General%2Btest&utm_campaign=Car%2BBulbs-General%2Btest&gclid=CO7tz_anq60CFWcBQAodaTNAoQ

Hydro

What is the HL-5 mounted to?

Thanks

Sparky

Pretty sure it mounts to the frame in front of the engine. I've never owned one but thats how I think they mount. the wiring runs thru it (tube) to each light but if a custom one was made the wiring could be on the outside protected with some sort of wire loom.

Mike..............

AMC RULES

I'm suprised :scratchead: nobody's reproducing them for use on multiple :wh: models...YET? :baseball:

Hydro

Ok I see where it can go. There would have to be a modification to get over the bracket for the anti sway bar on the blower. No big deal. It would mount in front of the engine just like Mike says

Thanks

can whlvr

i posted last night but it didnt appear,anway i made a bracket that bolted to the stock holes in the frame just in front of the engine and then up by the hood,for my 313 that has no lights anymore so i ran them from a battery,shoulda used leds,the others didnt last very long and the battery goes dead

Hydro

Thanks everyone. I also saw the set that was on the Attachment photo site. Guess I missed that. I think I will buy 1" square tubing and cut a small filler to match the height of the snow blower anti sway bracket and then do almost the original style wheel horse design. I wasn't going to get too fancy with lighting, thought those rubber frame tractor sealed beem lights would work. As they say "there is no sense in re-inventing the wheel....horse!

Shuboxlover

Check out the LED's that Duke put on his tractor.....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hydro

A 6 ft length of black iron pipe works real well. I am bending it at 26" from each end. This will make an excellent semi authentic light bar.

AMC RULES

Don't forget Gary...

:text-worthless:

dwayneGT

Ditto, what Craig said!

Hydro

The bracket is bent into position. I have welded a small base plate for bolting to the frame right at the front end of the tractor. I have a 3/8" nut welded into the top of each end of the pipe. I have the lights and will mount them with a carrage bolt and use a lock nut to secure and then and wire up. This will be a very simple accessory designed to come on and off with the blower. I do not have a lot of heat in my garage so painting may be an issue.