Sign in to follow this  
P3x

More Plow Blade Lift on a 520

P3x

I'm trying to get my plow blade a bit higher to keep from digging the grass up when I venture olawn from the pavement. I looked at the posts regarding adjusting the trunion in the bellcrank and am a bit confused...

Currently the Chain Lift eye Bolt/Trunion are in the third hole down from the top. Seems simple enough to move it to the top hole. But the current install has both ends of the trunion installed in holes in two bellcrank arms that are paralell - one arm on the left has provisions for the large end of the trunion, the other lever has provisions for the smaller end to pass through secured with the quick clip.

Not sure if this setup is something 520s have for lifting hefty attachments (2 Stage Snow Blower maybe?). It seems if I move the trunion to a higher hole with only the smaller end secured in the bellcrank lever it may be a bit flimsy.

Hopefully my description made sense and someone can steer me in the right direction.

Thank you!

p3x

MA

post-4076-0-72522300-1325227185_thumb.jp

TT

That's the upgraded version of the lift arm - strengthened for lifting the 60" mower deck.

It looks like you just need to run the nut down farther on the eyebolt.

P3x

Hi Terry,

That makes sense. I included the picture to show the trunion in its original position (through both levers) since I have not seen a similar setup. I should have mentioned the picture was taken after I disconnected it. I just started the nut on the eye bolt threads to keep all in fingers reach when I go to put things back together. Prior to disconnecting it, the nut was pretty much bottomed out on the eye bolt threads.

Then attaching just the small end of the trunion through one bellcrank lever is stout enough to use for the plow blade and other attachments?

Learning all the time...

Thanks.

p3x

MA

TT

Yes - you can move the trunnion to the hole farthest away from the lift shaft to lift the blade higher.

The very next hole out from the pictured location might even be enough:

cb9bc073.jpg