Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

pics of the 50 dollar special

can whlvr

so i finally got a camera :thumbs: so i thought id post some pics of my latest acquistion,the 312 hydro,here are pics of the worker resto she got,i dont have pics of the whole machine as it was but here is some of the new paint,a new hood from a member here(ya its from a 418 with slots,oh well its a little better shape,and the visit to buy it was nice,to meet a fellow member and his kids who are also interested in the hobby)no the hood was not in a fire,its just rusty beyond beleif,and the tractor was just as bad,it only has 350 hours and it needed a rebuild motor so for now its got a 14 from one of my 414 till my engine parts show in the mail,soooo slow this time of year,i left the decals on from the 418 on the hood but its really a 312hydro,with the 1100 eaton,i blew our first snow fall tonight and she works great,really good and it was almost pure slush and not one plug up DSC00008.jpgDSC00009.jpgDSC00007-1.jpg

AMC RULES

So is the rusty hood the newly aquired replacement you plan to use?

varosd

Let it snow! Let it Snow! Let it snow! Don, looks great!

Jake Kuhn

Looks great Don! :handgestures-thumbup:

can whlvr

no thats the hood that came with the 312,the 418 hood is the new one allready painted,i just left the decals on it,dont what to to do with the old hood,scrap it i suppose or use it for body work practice,but i got the 418 hood for 30 dollars so i couldnt fix the old for that

Hydro

I think that 418 hood is pretty neat Don. A little extra ventilation never hurt any engine. At the end of the day it's all Wheel Horse! Nice project. Looks good.