Sign in to follow this  
shallowwatersailor

Rolling Stand for Mower Deck

shallowwatersailor

With the snow blade on the 518xi, I found myself tripping over the 48" mower deck. I won't claim ownership as the idea for this actually came from another tractor forum. I used a HF 1000#-rated Furniture Dolly, 4' 1"x6", and a Wall Stud 2"x4" (it was available.) It has a primer coat on it just to protect it, but I will probably give it a finish coat when the deck goes back on in the spring. The HF casters are not the best but I shot some White Lithium in to them to help with rotation. They improved 100%. A pair of locking casters might be handy when working on the deck to keep it from rolling away.

The idea is to lay the stand on the deck and then lift - catching the front stops of the stand with the wheel support shaft. It should then fall into place. With the 518xi deck, the Leveler Shaft Adjuster actually catches before the wheel support. The stand is fairly stable as it sits and definitely takes up less room. I should be able to store both decks in just about the same space as one laying flat.

For those with larger decks, I don't know if this has enough capacity to hold a 52" or 60" deck. For these you may need to go wider and use 2"x4" or 2"x6" lumber for the frame. But it works for both of my 48" decks and should even work on rear discharge decks as well.

48inchMowerDeckStand1.jpg

48inchMowerDeckStand2.jpg

48inchMowerDeckStand3.jpg

48inchMowerDeck4.jpg

I hope that you enjoy!

ce318

That is really Cool. I like the way it hold the deck for maintinance. Great job.

varosd

looks great! smart idea. I have my 42inch ST on a dolly already and just switch it out. my new 48 snow blade is "blade off" and the frame is standing upright. my Parker lawnsweeper is broken down. Hey!! how the heck will I get another garage/shed if I do such a good job?!? I know, all I have to do is leave everything on the wifes side of the garage...wait, maybe that isnt a good idea!!! :D

can whlvr

:thumbs: