Sign in to follow this  
JONE00

workhorse 700

JONE00

does the way the hood is set up look original? it looks like it sets up higher than it should, it has a 10hp briggs model 243431

post-5894-0-30933300-1324800963_thumb.jp

post-5894-0-38519100-1324800990_thumb.jp

Trouty56

Whatcha you doing...waiting up for Santa??? I was try to locate a pic on here of a Workhorse 700. No go on finding one. Had a 7hp techy engine stock. Looks like there was some room needed for that big 10 hp Briggs and somebody got a little creative.

Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum......

Here's one..... courtesy of wh-jason...the one pulling the cool wagon.

2a385ae0.jpg

Rollerman

Both the hood & dash tower have been raised! :blink:

Even the steering shaft looks like it's been lengthened.

Trouty56

Here is a better pic. Finding them now,,,,,, Check this thread.....

Sparky

Definitely been modified. Probably just bolted on spacers and you could get it back to original if thats what you wanted to do.

Mike.......

varosd

but it does look kinda cool, wonder what they were trying to mod it for? also :text-welcomeconfetti:

Sparky

but it does look kinda cool, wonder what they were trying to mod it for? also :text-welcomeconfetti:

To get that huge Briggs in there where the little techy motor sat.

Mike...........

If you do want it to be put back to original height but dont want a Tecumseh motor try sticking a small 5-6 hp Honda in it. I have a 5hp Honda in a 656 and love it!

Mike.........

JC 1965

Yea, It's been raised. Are you going to use it as a work tractor, and does the Briggs run good? If the answer to both questions is yes, then I'd just not worry about it. If you want to bring it back to It's original condition, it would probably be pretty easy. :WRS:

• Like 1

JONE00

I picked this WH 700 up for $225 with a snow plow and a set of lawn turf and ag tires which are both brand new also tire chains, do you guys think thats a good deal? I think im going to keep it the way it is for now i like the way it sets up. but the reason i bought this tractor was for the engine, i have a what i believe is a 1964 montgomery ward garden mark squire 10, eventually i would like to put a 12hp kohler in the WH 700 and use the briggs for my wards

horse700special

Here is a pic of my 700 Special. Very nice little machines, they run great with the 7hp tecumseh. I believe mine was repowered by the previous owner, but it is a 7hp tecumseh still. A 12hp would be awesome though...

IMG_1796.jpg

• Like 1

JONE00

That is a nice little machine you have there, I really like the lever you have to angle the snowplow, i spiffy hub caps also

wh-jason

Hey trouty that pic looks familiar.

(null)