Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

704's

dgjks6

Found these on ebay. They are 20 minutes from my house.

http://cgi.ebay.com/wheel-horse-two-704_W0...1QQcmdZViewItem

What engine do they have and how hard is it to get parts for these?

I was also looking at an 854 on ebay - I think it belongs to rustyoldjunk

Are these a good first project tractor or should I go with something a little newer?

Greg

DMESS

Greg, one would appear to be a 704 and the other is NOT. The other is, from what I can tell, an 854 or if your LUCKY a 754. Could be a 753 but the steering wheel is a two spoke 1964+ style. Some weird stuff going on with that other one. I see the battery out back and is that an auxiliary fuel tank? :whistle: Two piece tank probably leaked! Looks like it might have the HL-5 light kit on it too.

Edit: both of these would be Kohler powered. 704 would have a pull start 7 hp K-161 T. 854 would have an 8 hp K-181 S. If by miracle the other is a 754 it's a 7 hp K-161 S.

rustyoldjunk

Greg,i do have an 854 on ebay right now,also the factory dual wheel spacers and dual wheels in different auctions,and i have found a factory headlight set i believe for the 854 which i will try to get listed next week.any questions you have about the stuff just ask or give me a pm.

HorseFixer

Greg,i do have an 854 on ebay right now,also the factory dual wheel spacers and dual wheels in different auctions,and i have found a factory headlight set i believe for the 854 which i will try to get listed next week.any questions you have about the stuff just ask or give me a pm.

Nice 854 bro do those headlights come with? :WRS: I have one just like it and about in same condition, Hmmmm could always use some spare stuff for it! some dumb azzz hacked the steering shaft up on mine. They installed a pully on the end then installed a wood grained hippy steering wheel on there! Gosh these mods people do never cease to amaze me! :whistle:

Duke

rustyoldjunk

thanks HorseFixer.i still have to wheel and deal to get the lights from the guy.if i manage to get them they will most likely be on ebay too.it is a shame the way some numbnuts hack up these classic little tractors.hope you are able to get the steering shaft/wheel all straightened back up.

HorseFixer

thanks HorseFixer.i still have to wheel and deal to get the lights from the guy.if i manage to get them they will most likely be on ebay too.it is a shame the way some numbnuts hack up these classic little tractors.hope you are able to get the steering shaft/wheel all straightened back up.

I have an 1055 sittin in the garage that may be a donor to this tractor I hate to do it but the 1055 is missing the hood. The only reason I picked it up was it had a HY-2 unit complete on it and a set of bUgEyEs and I mean the ones that look like a bee-hive not the flat lense ones :WRS: best part is I swapped an ole cub cadet for it that was given me so I say "GOOD TRADE" :whistle:

Duke