Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Changing my mind on my project

6wheeler

Is a c-175 and a 195 the same length in the engine compartment? Or is the 175 the same as a 165. I am going to make a row crop tractor and I need some ideas. It will be custom all the way and will take some time but I think it can be done. Do any of the tractors use a front axle that has larger holes for the spindles? The reason I ask is, I will need to lift the tractor about 18" to achieve what I am looking for. I don't want to put a tricycle front end on it. It will be fully hydro drive. The rear end is not a problem. But, I need some info on the front because I am planning on adding on to the spindles to make them taller. It is going to have a Dihatsu 3 cyl liquid cooled diesel engine in it and full hydro drive. Maybe even independent suspension on the rear. It is all still open for ideas. Lets build a tractor!!!! Pat

buckrancher

a C195 is longer than the other two

Operator

Must be laid off and lots of time on your hands?

PS - Made a visit to Dannerville.

546cowboy

Well the 520H swept front axle has 1" spindles. That sounds like an ambitious project and that engine should be really nice in that tractor. Good luck and keep us posted.

baerpath

516002.jpg516001.jpg

GT14 front axle will lift it up not 18 inches but it also gives you better spindles.

Kelly

The 195 has 1" spindles also.

Don1977

You have to make new spindles to get it that high.

Take a look at these tractors they are built to look like full size tractors, they have higher spindles he built.

http://www.thelittle...o.blogspot.com/

I think he used 16" wheels on the back.

• Like 1