Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

"New" 552 . . .

Zeek

I found a nice 552 I couldn't pass up. Everything functional with the deck. It's a Techy, but it runs excellent :auto-layrubber:

DSC05749.jpg

DSC05747.jpg

DSC05761.jpg

DSC05757.jpg

DSC05756.jpg

DSC05762.jpg

DSC05764.jpg

• Like 1

TT

Did you get it for less than $375? :eusa-whistle:

sorekiwi

Looks like a good solid tractor, nice score!

And an H55 as well, get an exhaust brace on the engine before it breaks out the side of the exhaust port.

rmaynard

Looks like another great pick up. You're going to have that new addition to the garage filled in no time. :thumbs:

Jake Kuhn

Looks Like a really nice tractor! :handgestures-thumbup:

Pollack Pete

Very nice.I like it.Original 2 prong ignition key too??? Good luck with your new toy.

Zeek

Did you get it for less than $375? :eusa-whistle:

I got some extras for the Raider I'm doing now ;)

Looks like another great pick up. You're going to have that new addition to the garage filled in no time. :thumbs:

Roger that . . . I had a space reserved!

And an H55 as well, get an exhaust brace on the engine before it breaks out the side of the exhaust port.

What do you mean by that part :eusa-think:

Very nice.I like it.Original 2 prong ignition key too??? Good luck with your new toy.

Yep, original key too!

sorekiwi

What do you mean by that part :eusa-think:

Your engine is missing the brace that supports the exhaust pipe and muffler. It is fairly common for Tecumsehs to tear the studs (or bolts) out of the cylinder block if this brace isnt in place.

IMG_1667-1.jpg

I didnt say this as a criticism of your tractor (it looks like one I'd be very pleased to own), just trying to save you a headache if it happens!

Zeek

Ok, thanks for the info. What do you mean by it being an "H55"?

sorekiwi

Ok, thanks for the info. What do you mean by it being an "H55"?

Sorry, should have said "HT55". The original motor for the 552 was an HT55C-3089. 5 1/2 HP Lauson. They werent a great motor, often blew up and were often replaced with something else, usually an H60 Tecumseh.. But now they are very rare and hard to find. Tell tale identification sign is the small depression in the timing cover underneath the engine pulley.

Zeek

Hmm . . I guess that's a good and bad thing. I plan on restoring it when I'm done with the Raider.

Do think I should keep the stock motor? It runs well, no smoke, starts right up.

Wheel Horse Kid

Nice looking tractor! Everything looks to be in good shape!

sorekiwi

Hmm . . I guess that's a good and bad thing. I plan on restoring it when I'm done with the Raider.

Do think I should keep the stock motor? It runs well, no smoke, starts right up.

Definately! There are very few 502's or 552's with the original motor surviving. I have a 502 that I have repowered with a Kohler, but one day I am going to buy a new carb for the Lauson and put it back on.