Sign in to follow this  
64s

The Show's Going to Force Me To Buy Two More

64s

Hi, I've been surfing the RedSquare for a while but this is my first post. My wife found an ad for the Wheel Horse Show I threw away and decided we were going - she really just wanted to get away and threw in Gettysburg and Hershey for good measure. I'm glad she forced - in mean talked me into it because I had a good time, as did she and the kids - which brings me to the reason for this post.

Next year we have to go but with tractors - specifically she wants me to find her a 400 or 550 - I would prefer a 550 but I'm open. I also need to find a lawn ranger for the kids because it's just their size. I would want a 34e or 34r. Does anyone have either of these tractors they are willing to sell? I'm in western CT and would be willing to drive 4-5 hours to get one if its worth it. Thanks, George

TT

:WRS: George!

Glad to see you finally decided to step up to the podium! :D

Seems like Jack just found a good stash of Horses over in MA, so we'll have to see what he lists.

I'll be glad to keep an eye & ear out for something here in the middle of PA, but I can't think of anything close to me other than a potential 551. (no specifics yet :whistle: )

Duff

I also need to find a lawn ranger for the kids because it's just their size......... I'm in western CT and would be willing to drive 4-5 hours to get one if its worth it. Thanks, George

Hi, George!

I don't know how to post links, but if you go to eBay and call up Item number: 280240124273, although it needs paint (color, not quality!) it looks like a really nice Lawn Ranger in southern NH.....

Cheers!

Deereman :whistle:

Oh.... :WRS:

TT

That LR is so wrong, it may never be right again!

Engine, tires, seat, steering wheel, color ( :D ), the hood was cut ( :whistle: ).... wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. :D

The mower decks look decent, but I just had a fellow offer me 2 for free and turned them down. :WRS:

For a $350 opening bid, it better have a 14K plated something on it somewhere too. :dunno:

George is actually looking for a 1964 LR, Deereman - which are a bit different than the '68 on ebay. Hopefully he can find one that isn't GREEN. (at least the wheels are still white. :D )

Duff

That LR is so wrong, it may never be right again!

Engine, tires, seat, steering wheel, color ( :D ), the hood was cut ( :WRS: ).... wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. :dunno:

The mower decks look decent, but I just had a fellow offer me 2 for free and turned them down. :D

For a $350 opening bid, it better have a 14K plated something on it somewhere too. :D

George is actually looking for a 1964 LR, Deereman - which are a bit different than the '68 on ebay. Hopefully he can find one that isn't GREEN. (at least the wheels are still white. :D )

I defer respectfully (and affectionately) to your sharp eye and wisdom, oh great one! :whistle:

Do I get style points for at least being on the lookout? LOL

Deereman :D

T-Mo

Deereman,

I give points to anyone who wants to be helpful to another member here and doesn't cause any physical damage to anyone or to their machines while being helpful. As for having the "eye" like TT does, not too many of us do, or at least, I don't. :WRS:

George, where's my manners. :whistle:

nylyon

George, welcome to RedSquare. I don't have any leads on the models you are looking for, but am curious what town in CT you're in. I'm just over the line in Brewster, and we have several other CT members.

Again :whistle:

64s

Hi Karl, I'm about an hour from you in Derby - known as one of The Valley towns hugging Route 8.

HorseFixer

:WRS: George welcome aboard! The wife and I did the same thing this year looked around and seen the sites of Gettysburg and the went to the show. We had a great time. Anyways welcome aboard! :whistle:

Duke