case530

Lift assist spring for Snowthrower

case530

Hi guys, like the new site. I need a little help. I have my 1056 tractor and have connected the 6-1211 snow thrower to it. It is a bear to lift. I understand there is a Lift assist spring that you can use to attach and help. Can anyone tell me what size spring, and show me how it is attached to the flag and where? I can make a tab for the flag or drill a whole or whatever. I just need to know what kind of spring to get and where to attach it exactly to help lift this monster. Also, if any of you guys knows the correct size belt to get for the snowthrower to my 1056, let me know. As I said above, snowthrower is 6-1211. I looked up the specs and it shows the belt, but gives no size.

Thanks for any help

Mike

216-402-5400

Kelly

Try here, I have springs if you need one.

case530

1. Thanks for the link, that's just what we needed. Oh, do you know what size belt I need Thanks, Mike

TT

The IPL shows the drive belt as being p/n 1576, which is 70" long by 1/2" wide.

As much as I'd like to say that is definitely the correct belt, I can't - but I will say that's where I would start.

case530

Try here, I have springs if you need one.

How much for your spring? I believe I need it.

I live in Cleveland. Mike

case530

All right, got everythin on the Tractor and it looks great. But there's one small catch. That sucker still won't lift easy and it definitely won't lock in the up position. Am I missing something? Thinking about notching a cutout in the lift handle to allow it to lock much earlier.

Is there a better way?

Mike

TT

In what arm & hole on the lift lever shaft did you attach the "flag"?

case530

the Flag is in the lowest hole. there's one small hole under it, but no way the tab will fit in there

case530

It's not in the arm that raises the grass cutter, but the mechanism below it.

TT

The lift flag needs to be in the hole closest to the lever shaft on the arm that points downward.

TT

Illustration for the newer models, but also applies to your tractor:

cb9bc073.jpg

case530

Thanks for that Diagrahm. That really helps. When I went down to the Tractor, I noticed the Rear Hitch lift cable was in the hole where the Diagrahm says the Flag for Snow Thrower should be. It was kind of bent too which tells me someone put it in the wrong place. I'm taking it out and putting Flag in there. Hopefully, this will allow it to lift and lock. I appreciate the help. Hoping it works. :) Cause I'd have to start working out more just to go snow throw.

Mike

case530

Success!!!! Thanks guys, working great. Anyone know what type of cab will fit this 1056?

You guys did so well, I figured I ask. Of the few companies that still make these cabs, the guys were very nice but don't think any of theirs will fit my machine. I was glad since they are pricey. Thoughts?

Mike