Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

snow plow

jerrell

:whistle: i am wondering if anyone out there has used a snow plow for other uses other than pushing snow. i bought a C175 recently and it came with snow plow and wheel weights, i have no use for it as i live in Arkansas and we get maybe 1 to 2 inches a year if that, i have not mounted it to my wh, but i see that it is spring loaded, i guess my question is , have any of you tried to make a pusher blade to move dirt or other things with it ??? my wh is powerful enough i don/t have to use the weights, not with my 230 lbs sitting on it.:WRS:

DMESS

The A-frame blade such as that on your C-175 is capable of all kinds of work beyond just snow removal. Leveling stone, dirt etc. The A-frame design is one of, if not THE toughest designs you will find on a small garden tractor. I've moved/leveled ground and stone MANY times with these and it beats a shovel by a long shot! :whistle:

CasualObserver

Absolutely can be used to move dirt/gravel/other things... it was listed and sold as a "Dozer Blade" for many, many years.

Stigian

Hi jerrell, first of all :D:WRS:

I build my snowplow/blade :D for pushing snow about, but thus so far snow has failed to happen :dunno:

Instead (or should i say while waiting for winter) i use my blade for pushing things about, handy thing to have when moving dead mowers :whistle: , pushing dirt about (it will come in very handy for that when my workshack extension gets started), but it also makes a very handy counter weight for my 312-8 when i have the harrow on the back :D

GlenPettit

A creative use for the 'A' frame is a lift boom, up off the back axle of the tractor, with a roller on top and a 12v winch for lifting.

linen beige

I have blades for 3 of my tractors. The one on my 702 does NOT have the trip springs ( makes finding the raised edges of sidewalk buried under snow a bit jolting.). It has a hydro lift with down pressure, and I've used it for hours digging, pushing dirt, grading, leveling gravel, etc. Even unearthed a huge tree stump or two. Back in the spring I had a tree downed by wind. My truck couldn't get enough traction in the soft yard to move the logs, so I put the blade against them, and raising the blade slightly as I let out the clutch, was able to move them easily.

92Pony

Don't listen to these guys Jerrell - they just don't want to make you regret your purchase. The best thing you can do with that snow plow is just box it up (I know it'll be a big box, but that's okay) and send it to me. We don't get ANY snow here in SC, but I'd be willing to make a sacrifice for a fellow WH owner. :WRS::D:D

Congrats on your recent acquisition! :whistle:

Wade

Sparky

I've used mine on a "C"series to push gravel, stone, sand and topsoil. I even use it to shove my leaf and grass clippings pile deeper into the woods each fall.

Mike..........

PS...of course I shove snow as well :whistle:

T-Mo

I just used my snow blade a few days ago to pop a stump out of the ground. Of course, it was ready to come out of the ground, but still it would have required some "man power" unless I didn't have my C-141 and snow blade. :whistle:

jerrell

:whistle: thanks guys, and micah that is one heck-of a video, that is a good garden, my ground is sorta like concrete when it is dry, in the fall i take my belerus, and plow it to about 8 to 10" deep then disk it , then use the wh and tiller, i am trying to get some of that chicken manure brough in but having trouble locating it, BUT i will,

you guys are great and lots of good advise on here

thanks again jerrell

bowtieguy

Hey Jerrell in "lapland"....where Mo laps over into Arkansa.....one of my Horses is dedicated to a snow plow all year....you would be suprised what you will use it for when it is on a tractor and ready to go...push watermelons in a pile, push corn stalks out of garden after sweet corn is gone....you name it.....but probably the most common chore for mine is to push my ole 38 Ford street rod in and out of the garage....but they are both RED so at least my neighbors they belong with each other!!!

Blades with down pressure make a good tool to smooth up the ruts on a pulling tract also....you guys know how em' ole faded red machines leave deep ruts all the way out the gate!!!