Sign in to follow this  
shallowwatersailor

Eaton 1100 Capacity

shallowwatersailor

Recently I was looking at a Bolens' owners manual for their Duratrac garden tractor. These used an Eaton 1100 pump as well. Bolens installed a second hydraulic line with a separate spool valve to the front of the tractor for attachments. Does anyone know if the Wheel Horse 1100s will handle a second line?

kpinnc

Does anyone know if the Wheel Horse 1100s will handle a second line?

I assume you mean like installing a "T" valve, and then a second return for another cylinder of similar size and spool valve? If so, then yes it will work. Just remember if you actuate both cylinders at the same time, they will move more slowly. Otherwise, it will work fine.

shallowwatersailor

I was actually thinking of a second spool valve for separate control of blade angle. Usability, of course, is based on hydraulic fluid flow rate.

I wonder why Toro didn't offer a second hydraulic line on the 5xi series (especially considering that they made the 523Dxi diesel) when CC offered it on the 982, and Bolens/Troy-Bilt/Deutz the Duratrac and its clones. Answering my own question - $$$ and market share maybe, although they spent engineering dollars on many of the attachments to fit the 5xi only.

Kelly

Wh did use 2 valves on the C-195 one for the mid lift and one for the 3 point, that was a eaton 1100 older style but same basic pump.