Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Finally an 867

Rollerman

I've been after a nice 867 for awhile now...one of my "bucket list" tractors.

Seen this one on C list a few weeks ago, contacted the seller & he agreed to hold it for me.

I bought this through Jim Gunderman (jgun45879) in north east OH, but it belonged to Marvin M (marvairlanes).

I want to thank them both for there patience & a great deal on a model I've been after for a long time!

Pic.....

2011-12-11_20-55-24_820.jpg

Suburban 550

Nice one, Stephen. Looks to be a beauty.

Kelly

Very nice looking machine, it paid off for you looking for a while.

Jake Kuhn

Very Nice! looks to be in great shape :bow-blue:

dclarke

Wow Stephen what a nice looking 867! :thumbs: Please post more pics of it, would love to see it up close.

whfan74

How is the new house coming along?????

kpinnc

Wow Stephen, it's been a long time! Glad you finally found one.

CasualObserver

:clap: That's a sharp looker for sure. I'd like to have one of those someday myself..

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::thumbs2: Stephen Real nice shape. U hit the jack pot with this one. But I have to ask did the previous owner restore this tractor???? it is a looker for sure enjoy the ride. Gary B...............

marvairplanes

Seen this one on C list a few weeks ago, contacted the seller & he agreed to hold it for me.

I bought this through Jim Gunderman (jgun45879) in north east OH, but it belonged to Marvin M (marvairlanes).

I want to thank them both for there patience & a great deal on a model I've been after for a long time!

Pic.....

Stephen...

Glad it found a good home!!!!

Thanks to Jim my collection of Wheel Horse tractors is now down to 28...

Still have a few more to sell.

Marv.

Sparky

Good lookin ride! Is this one gonna be a trailer queen?

Mike............

Rollerman

Good lookin ride! Is this one gonna be a trailer queen?

Mike............

I don't have any trailer queens, but I do have a fair amount of reclusive garage tractors.

jgun45879

Hey Stephen, That 654 would still look sweet setting beside the 867. We can make it happen. Thanks, Jim.

Rollerman

Hey Stephen, That 654 would still look sweet setting beside the 867. We can make it happen. Thanks, Jim.

We'll have to see Jim, wish we could have done it Sunday.

That was an $80 dollar trip for 175 miles.... :crying-yellow:

pulse301

Pic.....

I am curious why this tractor made your bucket list? I have an opportunity to buy an 867 locally with a scrape blade. I'm thinking of purchasing it if it is still available after Christmas. Is this a rare wheel horse, or a particularly desirable one? Or were you more interested in this 867 to complete a part of your collection?

Thanks,

Dusty

Rollerman

I am curious why this tractor made your bucket list? I have an opportunity to buy an 867 locally with a scrape blade. I'm thinking of purchasing it if it is still available after Christmas. Is this a rare wheel horse, or a particularly desirable one? Or were you more interested in this 867 to complete a part of your collection?

Thanks,

Dusty

Dusty I've been pretty fortunate to have some of the most desirable vintage Horse's out there, but owning a horse is really no fun to me if they are garage queens.

I started out collecting like a lot of RS members...just grabbing what ever was red & asked questions later.

As my knowledge of Wheel Horse's grew more & more my appreciation for the post 1965 tractors with the new square hood, & rear fender, but still had the foot stirups.

To me the 65 through 67 Horse's are the sweetest looking ones made....(sorry round hood collectors) & they are fun to work with.

Plowing snow, turning dirt in the garden, leveling the drive with a belly blade, mowing, or just pulling the cart around.

I'd come across a few 867's since becomeing a collector, but timeing was wrong & didn't have the time or money to chase them down.

This one time it worked out.

I don't know of the actual production numbers, but I'd say they are not common.

The 867, 1067, 1267 models were the first Wheel Horse models to have the hi/lo shifter ( called 6 speeds back then) & the 867 is the only short frame to be offered with the 6 speed.

So finding one to add to my growing collection of 65-67 models was high on my list of tractors to own.

Putting it on my "bucket list" of Horse's.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Stephen, I know what you mean about the short frame square hoods. My 857 is my favorite go to tractor and she is always ready. That is a real nice looking 867. :handgestures-thumbup:

pulse301

Thanks for the history lesson about the Wheel Horses. I'm very new to them, and enjoying learning the history. If the 867 in my area is still around after Christmas, I think I'll pick it up based on the uniqueness of it and it has a push blade...which is on my wish list.

AMC RULES

Pic.....

Stephen...

Glad it found a good home!!!!

Thanks to Jim my collection of Wheel Horse tractors is now down to 28...

Still have a few more to sell.

Marv.

What else is going Marv?

marvairplanes

I have a really nice, clean 800 Auto on e-bay right now.

Jim has 4 of my Lawn Rangers on the block...check with him for details.

Next on the list...

1) C-195

2) 753 Tricycle

3) ?????

Zeek

:woohoo: