Sign in to follow this  
Wheelamatic

Gonna try this restoration thing

Wheelamatic

Looking GOOD!! I used a e-tank on allot of my parts for my 875 and was very happy with the final look of the parts. It saved hours of work in the sand blaster and saved lots of $$$ on running the compressor continusly. .

Thanks Smoreau

Have you seen anyone E-tank a cast iron engine block? Do you think it would damage the piston bore?

smoreau

Looking GOOD!! I used a e-tank on allot of my parts for my 875 and was very happy with the final look of the parts. It saved hours of work in the sand blaster and saved lots of $$$ on running the compressor continusly. .

Thanks Smoreau

Have you seen anyone E-tank a cast iron engine block? Do you think it would damage the piston bore?

Good ?

I guess it would be ok as long as its hooked up to power the entire time its in the tank. N1DEFAN did an large cast iron bell a few months ago and that turned out great!

AMC RULES

Got some work done to the dash plate tonight

From this

P1080209.jpg?t=1323932418

To this

P1080210.jpg?t=1323932010

P1080211.jpg?t=1323932010

Looks awesome, how'd you do that?

Wheelamatic

With the tools of the trade. :)

Lets see, 1 drop of dawn in a cup of water in a spray bottle, lightly spray the decal and panel, placed top decal with the ribbed area print in position as best as I could, then with a moist sponge in hand I took this plastic scraper and kept working the decal around the rib while using the sponge to lay the rest of the decal down.

I did this over a small heater that I used to heat the back side of the panel to help the water dry as I worked it down. It takes several passes with the scraper and the pick on edge to get it to stay down in the crease.

Since I didn't have it perfect I had to trim the lower edge of the decal across the lower side of the rib crease, then applied the lower decal with the water and the sponge only.

Picture of the tools I used, I think the brown one is a Pampered chef brand scraper.

P1080217.jpg?t=1324267128

Ken B

She is looking very nice!

Wheelamatic

Thanks Ken

Here is a clip of an 8mm video showing the cart that I will be doing next. Video was shot around 1968, I'm in the trailer and Gramps is pulling me with his brothers Ariens.

Wheelamatic

I reckon the 8 stump pulling horsepower this baby is packing was a bit much for the frame...

IMG_20111220_212902.jpg?t=1324437094

IMG_20111220_214233.jpg

IMG_20111220_214902.jpg

IMG_20111220_215323.jpg

Forest Road

I reckon the 8 stump pulling horsepower this baby is packing was a bit much for the frame...

IMG_20111220_212902.jpg?t=1324437094

IMG_20111220_214233.jpg

IMG_20111220_214902.jpg

IMG_20111220_215323.jpg

Every time I see a photo like this I consider pulling my machines apart and welding a steel plate there. Maybeeeee next summer. Looking good!