Sign in to follow this  
Monkalunka

Hello from St Louis...My name is Chris and we finally got horsed

Monkalunka

Hi folks,

well Colby (my 9 year old son) and I did it...we got Horsed!!!!! We are new as new can be as of 7 pm last evening we bought our horse off ebay from another member of the RedSquare. We have no experience at this but we have alredy been through R/C cars trucks helicoptors and even tricked out gas scooters. Se we decided that it was time to go big or go home. Colby has always loved tractors and he picked this one out. He wants to go a little away from the norm of what we have seen with most of the pics, we are going to go resto-mod with this one and yes he wants a stack. So we are going to try and keep all original paint then the extras will all go to a flat black including wheels and stack. After this one gets all done then I get to buy one an I want to go big. We appreciate all of your help and sure that we will be on all the time with questions and checking out what everyone else is doing.

post-5734-0-66602000-1323032618.jpg

post-5734-0-16464500-1323032645.jpg

post-5734-0-32440100-1323032675.jpg

post-5734-0-11157800-1323032723.jpg

Rooster

Welcome to Red Square!

Monkalunka

Thanks Rooster

AMC RULES

Hey there Colby and Chris, I really like that new tractor you just got. Are you guys sure you want to change the color though? That red patina is kinda sorta what makes our Wheelhorse tractors so special. Either way you decide to go with it, I just wanted to say...welcome to RedSquare guys. Glad you're both here.

snookman1

welcome to hthe redsquare

Monkalunka

we are keeping all of the Red Patina, that's the cool part...the xtra parts we are going to a flat black...really anything that is not original to the tractor and I think that we are going to also go the black on the wheels. now the next one will be all original, but that is a while away. i have to say that we have caught the Wheel Horse bug.

T-Mo

Welcome to RS. I'm south of you about 60 miles, near Bonne Terre, Mo. It looks like you picked up a pretty nice Wheel Horse and a round hood at that. Again, welcome.

Monkalunka

Thanks T-Mo, yeah I leave out early tomorrow morning to pick her up. Good to know that there is someone close, shoot I'm down past down Bonne Terre all the time. I have a truck driving school down in Mineral Area College.

rexman72

welcome to the site.

bell

Welcome to the site! I finallly got back on here... Had trouble logging back in.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow! I think you'll be pleased with the tractor! I have lots of others here for you to look at when you come! Bring extra cash! LOL

Rooster

Welcome to the site! I finallly got back on here... Had trouble logging back in.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow! I think you'll be pleased with the tractor! I have lots of others here for you to look at when you come! Bring extra cash! LOL

And the big trailer.... :handgestures-thumbupright:

Monkalunka

:help: well the trailer is not a problem...we will have to see on the cash issue I already went over on what I "wanted to pay" for a tractor...but I have to say that I dont think that I could have gone over budjet on a better Horse! I just hope that Bell doesnt accept credit cards. LOL then I would need one of my 18 wheeled vehicles to head in for the pickup.

Jake Kuhn

:text-welcomewave:

Looks like yours will look kind of like my 401,can't wait to see the progress,Jake

post-4240-0-88767100-1323135186_thumb.jp

VinsRJ

Welcome to RS.... lost of great people and information on this site, Enjoy!

Monkalunka

Jake, cool pic I hope this one looks that good. got her home tonight and mind is just going crazy. Man this is alot to take in...LOL

Kelly

:WRS: take lots of pictures as you go.

d180man

Hi :WRS: we are just north 60 miles on the il. side good luck on it but it looks nice!

dclarke

Welcome to Redsquare Chris and Colby, Looks like you picked a nice horse for your project. Good luck with it.

CasualObserver

Jon has had some sweetheart tractors in the past... I'm sure this one will be no different. :WRS:

Sparky

:WRS: And your first is a dually!! Heck it took me like 7 tractors before I had a dually.

Good luck with it!

Mike...........

JimD

:WRS:

Rollerman

Chris & Colby, congratulations on your recent ebay win!

Jon really has some nice tractors & an eye for detail when he works on them.

Be looking forward to seeing what you get next....oh & welcome to RS!

JC 1965

Welcome guys, That's one good looking tractor. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you get done. Good luck with the restoration and be sure to keep the pictures coming. :handgestures-thumbup:

can whlvr

:WRS: