Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

520LXi Front Loader on a 520-H???????

boovuc

Hi Everyone,

I have a neighbor who owns a 2001 Toro/Wheelhorse 520LXi with a same model year Quickway front loader. He wants to get a new tractor and offered his to me.

The model numbers on his loader would be 45-177101/Toro#79947.

The Quickway loader that fits my 1991 520H was 45-08210/Toro#P7-40KL01.

I know a huge difference between these tractors was the use of a horizontal PTO verses what I believe to be a vertical mount from the Kawasaki engine on the Xi/LXi.

I really don't want to buy his tractor with the mower and FEL but I wanted to know just how much modification would be required to get his FEL to mount and operate on my 520-H?

I want an FEL but the last thing I need is another tractor! :)

i didn't want to post on the main forum since this is an implement question so if you know some guys with some experiance in these things, let em' know where this is posted. I want to get back to this gentleman this weekend.

Thanks,

Wheel Horse Fan

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine the loader itself is the same but the mount is what's different. Can you pull the manuals up from the toro site? That may show you the differences.

rexman72

the lxi is about 75 inches long vs the 520h is 67 inches long so the subframe would be different.

MalMac

I am not 100% on this but I believe the what rexman72 said is correct. It is the same loader but a different sub-frame. I know they made the same loader for several different makes including Wheel Horse just mounted them different. The sub frame would be different for sure. You can make a sub frame easy enough there is not that much too them. Just getting where the pump mounts would be the tricky part. If you can get it for a fair price with the idea you will have to invest in making a sub-frame go for it because the loaders are starting to get harder to fine.

Jim_M

You could always buy the Xi package and sell your 520-H. No hassle, and one tractor in the shed that way.

TT

You could always buy the Xi package and sell your 520-H. No hassle, and one tractor in the shed that way.

:text-yeahthat: Exactly what I told him when I answered his PM around noon yesterday.

There you go, Boo..... Pull the trigger! :D

boovuc

I couldn't pull the trigger. :roll:

I don't need another tractor and my "friend" wanted market value for it. (Not a deal).

The tractor was a 2001 520LXi, rebuilt Kawasaki watercooled motor. (Typical hood scratches, ripped seat but always garage kept). Quikway loader, 2 stage snow blower, weight box and 52" deck.

$4500 for the package. Too salty for me for a tractor that doesn't take C, 300, 400 or 500 series attachements. I'll wait for a quickway to come up for my 520-H without modifications.

The guy is probably going to trade all of it in to a local Kabota dealer unless he lists it on Craigslist or Ebay.

I was grateful he offered it to me first.A little upset he was upset I didn't buy it though! :o

Thanks for the replys, guys!

boovuc

It is now on Craigslist/Williamsport, PA folks.

stevebo

Boo- honestly if you were in the active market for that type of machine the price is not bad. I understand where you are coming from tho.

boovuc

I know, Stevebo. It isn't a bad price at all. I think trying to hook up that dual-stage snowblower would cause a third back surgery though! :)

I just wanted an FEL more than another tractor. The LXi is a tank. It's a 1000 lb plus tractor!

If I didn't have 5 working tractors including a 520-H, that rig would be great.

I'll have an FEL someday for that 520. I hope my neighbor can sell it for that price. I've known him for over 30 years. He takes care of his equipment.