Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

I picked up a GREEN WEENIE!

HorseFixer

Well MJ and I went on a tractor run, what do ya do when someone give you a Green Wennie :D ANSWER IS? Ya take it! :whistle: I picked this one up monday the day after comming home from the show, I was told it is a 65 :WRS: looks in fair shape the decks not to bad has a little rust at the bottom of the dash tower but not that bad, will post some side and front views later. Figured this will be some trading stock whats a tractor like this worth? has a 8 hp Kohler I do believe. Will post more details later.

P.S. I swept my trailer out Real good and sanitized it! :D:dunno::D

Duke

PICS127.jpg

PICS128.jpg

Rollerman

Duke nothing wrong with a 110.

Who says you have to be loyal to just one make. :WRS:

I have a 67 110H here I plan to restore someday.

Lets see some more pics....wonder what I have for tradeing stock... :whistle:

T-Mo

Duke,

From the rear, that rf looks to be in good shape. If you want to know the year, you can go here wfm registry lookup. If it's a 65, then it's a 110 with a 8 hp Kohler, 4 speed Peerless transmission, manual lift (which I see the lift lever). The variable speed, the lever on the right, is a neat feature and when pushed all the way forward, in 4th gear, that thing can really fly. The rf 110 was Deere's first foray into the lawn and garden business and it was a huge success. A lot of attachments can still be found for these and will interchange with the rf 112s, the newer square fender 110 and 112 and the 200 series. If I were closer, I would like to have it.

HorseFixer

Looks like the guy who told me 65 doesn't know his azz from apple butter which mean I wont be eating over at his house! :whistle:

Okay on further ivestigation the Model Of The Tractor Is # T1306 Serial # 076699

The Deck Has A Model Number Tag But Has Been Painted over. Turned deck over and it is in fine shape all 3 blades lookin good. Here are some pics. Tell me whjat ya think!

Duke

P6250001.jpg

P6250002.jpg

P6250003.jpg

P6250004.jpg

P6250005.jpg

P6250006.jpg

PICS130-1.jpg

T-Mo

Duke,

It's a 1967. Here's the info from wfm on it:

Here is the information about the Tractor T1306076699

Model: 110

Typecode: T1306

Serial Number: 76699

Model Year: 1967

Engine Model and Size: K181 Kohler 8HP

Lift Type: Manual

Paint: Green

Manufactured Location: Horicon, WI

That's not in bad shape. It is complete, including the starter/generator cover which is elusive. It also has the pto belt cover. Someone has painted yellow on the starter/generator cover though. It looks to have the correct muffler on it. That one is a prime candidate for restoring. Parts are easily available, either through a JD dealer, ebay or here Hapco.

Rollerman

Very nice Duke...I think a little green would dress up your shop a little. :whistle:

If it's to embarising for your Horses to be near it you can always store it down here.

HorseFixer

:whistle: Okay Okay Stephen MJ says she really likes those lever steers ya have :WRS: and she said ya dont need two!!!! :D Havin that many means yer showing off! :D Id hafta agree!

Duke

Rollerman

You'd have to fight Dustin over one those...he looks young & quick...I hear you don't run so good....LOL. :whistle:

HorseFixer

You'd have to fight Dustin over one those...he looks young & quick...I hear you don't run so good....LOL. :WRS:

Who said Id be running? :D:D

Over a lever steer Id go toe to toe Thats were the PPTT training comes into play! :whistle:

Duke

perry

nice find duke ?

alot of $ in parts on them green :whistle: 's

DMESS

How did MY name get into the middle of the Green Weenie post! I sold my 1965 Green Weenie A LONG time ago! It sucked like a $2.00..well, you know.....

Duke, that 110 will make you appreciate the Horses THAT much more!

Oh, I have the PA Possie on my side and we have some FAST moves! But you already found that out! :whistle:

HorseFixer

How did MY name get into the middle of the Green Weenie post! I sold my 1965 Green Weenie A LONG time ago! It sucked like a $2.00..well, you know.....

Duke, that 110 will make you appreciate the Horses THAT much more!

Oh, I have the PA Possie on my side and we have some FAST moves! But you already found that out! :whistle:

Yer gonna hafta talk to stephen about that! :D Anywho The Lever steers are located in Indiana ,I bet I can Run There Faster Than You Can! :D:dunno::D

even If Im a slow azz runner :WRS:

Duke

badbowtie

friends dont let friends drive green tractors! But I have to admit I own a '65 myself. I paid for it what all green tractors are worth $0$0$0. OK on a more serious note I have seen these old round fenders go for over $800 at auctions. As far as the year goes I think they started in '64 with an 8hp 3 sp and in '65 it was an 8hp 4sp in '66 they went to a 10hp 4sp then changed something else in '67 but if its an 8hp 4sp Id say it was a '65, that is, if that information is correct, but the pics of your tractor look a little squatty. either your hood is shorter than mine or the pics were cropped to fit B) other than that it looks identicle to mine, I know mine is a '65 Im the second owner and I have the original bill of sale as well as all reciepts for every tune up its ever had. If you want a pic of it I can send it to via email (file is too large to put on here)

T-Mo

No, the first round fender JD (and their first lawn and garden tractor) was the 110 in 1963. 7 hp Kohler, 3 speed transmission, fiberglass fenders. 1964, JD changed to the 8 hp Kohler, steel fenders and 1965 the 4 speed transmission. The 110 then stayed pretty much the same until 1968 when the square fender models came out. In 1966 JD offer hydraulic lift and also came out with the 112 model which had a 10 hp Tecumseh engine. The hydraulic lift was offered in both the 110 and the 112 models. You can find more info on these by going here: wfm model info

sshell

My father had a 1966 110 that we mowed with when I was a kid its a good mower B) Turns sharp to the left but not to the righ do to the pto. Had to plan your turns while mowing <_< All in all it was a good machine. Just not RED :whistle:

T-Mo

The round fender 110's had a limiter on one side to keep the front wheels from hitting the pto stuff. It had a tighter turning radius when turning left than right. BTW, JD recommended to always make left turns when mowing, discharging the grass in the lane you just mowed. They even put mowing patterns in their operator's manuals. I wish I had one here to post the patterns recommended. I'm not sure if Wheel Horse did this in their manuals or not? :whistle: Maybe Toro's Quality of Cut manual? B)