Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Got one ready for snow

Kelly

Well my oldest son Nick moved out this fall, and into a apartment in town, but part of the deal there was he did the yard work including snow removal, the drive is a circle drive about 50 yards or so, not bad but more than he wanted to shovel, so he asked Dad if he could borrow a tractor we dug out a trusty machine I had used a few years ago for snowblower duty a C-141 8 speed, I've tried selling it here but no bites :dunno: so we changed the fuel lines and a new filter, he bought a new batt. greased it up changed the trans fluid and engine oil, smokes on start up but runs like a top, we checked everything over, and installed a set of weights and chains, picked out a plow and installed it, we need to put a new shifter boot on and I think he will be set for winter, it's ugly but who cares if your not shoveling, and the boat seat is VERY comfy.

100_3948.jpg

100_3949.jpg

AMC RULES

Looks bullet proof. :dunno:

can whlvr

handy when the old man has a large fleet of horses to choose from :dunno:

Sparky

, it's ugly but who cares if your not shoveling, and the boat seat is VERY comfy.

She aint ugly. Snow shovels are ugly Kelly :dunno: !

Looks like yer boy should be all set since we all know that shiny paint and perfect decals aren't what make a great tractor.

Mike......

Gene_S

I've seen much worse Kelly!!! Your boy will be pushing snow instead of hurting his back shoveling snow!!! I'd be happy with that!!! :dunno:

I think this year I'll try turf tires... I've used ags and chains for years and it seems like everyone likes turfs and chains more...

Kelly

Gene I like the turfs and chains, he got 4 link cleated chains, I like 2 link chains they ride smoother, but he's not complaining, same with the beater plow, and weights that have chunks missing out of them, we picked stuff that would not sell as good as other stuff.

And yes it is nice to be able to go out back and pick and chose tractors and parts, we were going to use a C-81 I picked up, but it needed more work than we had time to deal with, he works second shift and most weekends so it was I do it all, or we pick a machine that needed less work.

tmix

This is the Raider it has a 42" Blade and has# 40 Chains around front tires 65lbs of Lead on front axel. Has Wheel weights on back another 65lbs and ice chains that i picked up this summer at a Auction for $2.00. Also have a 875 Wheel- o- matic 8hp this has a 5' 200lbs lead for back tire# 40 chain around front tires. Ready for OL MAN WINTER !! PIC ENCLOSED!!! T MIX !! Sorry put this in the wrong place!!! Don't know how to remove ME BAD !!

Nov202011040.jpg