Sign in to follow this  
Lane Ranger

My Lawn Ranger is ready for the Snow!

Lane Ranger

Got the ST-324 Snowthower attached to my 1967 Lawn Ranger today.

100_0352.jpg

She's ready to work this winter.

100_0360.jpg

Here are some more photos of the set-up on the tractor:

100_0354.jpg

100_0356.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0355.jpg

Video of the Snowthower operating:

th_100_0351.jpg

:dunno:

HorseFixer

Thats Quite an Outfit! :dunno:

~Duke

can whlvr

nice,does it work good with the smaller engine pulley

Zeek

Now THAT's a snow blower :dunno:

Suburban 550

Awesome little tractor. :dunno:

WHRNaddict

Great looking set up, would love to see a video of in action.

smoreau

Very very nice looking set up. I like it allot. Do you add any weight to the back? or does it do ok with just you on it? :dunno:

Lane Ranger

The weight I add is me!

I used chains the first year I had this setup and decided I did not need them. If I get stuck the Lawn Ranger is low enough to the ground and first gear is low enough speed with the snowthrower on that you can use your feet to push the tactor while you sit in the seat - a feature not often noted!

Also of note this tractor and photo is the December 2011 featured tractor on the Red Square calendar!

100_7430.jpg

100_7581.jpg

I added a video from February 15, 2010 that shows the Lawn Ranger andSt-324 snowthrower in action. I think you can see me moving the tractor with my feet on this one!

th_100_7604.jpg

:dunno:

KC9KAS

You have a very nice looking tractor and snowblower.

stevasaurus

Excellent pictures Lane...want to trade that ST324 for a STR324??? Yours looks brand new. Let it snow. :dunno:

Lane Ranger

Steve: I bought this one from Rollerman three years ago and I bought an STR-324 type from Duke the same day!

I have to say every time I use this thing I am amazed that a 6- HP H-60 Tecumseh Motor with the three gear unidrive in the back will move that snowblower around amd throw snow.

Also I am not a big Tecumseh fan but I must say that my Lawn Ranger tractor, motor and carb work great in the coldest of snows.

I do not know why but it does.

Don/can whlvr - The pulley is the standard size for the Lawn Ranger and yes it works well for the mower and snowthower belts -you do need the guides for the belts in my opinion and that is why Wheel Horse has them in the manuals as parts which a lot of folks don't have. A good guage wire can make them though with just a little bending and cutting.

The old Wheel Horse manuals drawings can be blown up on a copier to get a good idea of what the wire belt guides look like.

pfrederi

I had to make my own belt guides, it was easy. The pictures give you an idea of what you might need.

My L107 has been returned to hauling the coal wagon in the winter. She starts quicker than any Kohler and doesn't need to warm up very much. I found her to be a bit under powered (or over speeded) on the blower, especially on the first pass when you can't control how much "bite" you are taking. The C81 I used spent its blowing in low range 1 or 2 most the time. I am now using a 418A on the blower, guess i get more snow than some.

515578159250238.jpg 68076e159250261.jpg