Sign in to follow this  
Suburban 550

A Look Back in Time

Suburban 550

I was just browsin' through Youtube, lookin' for 701 videos and came across this.

The previous owner had this on E-bay advertised as a 701 a couple years ago which ended up to be a 753 that I bought for a little over $100.00. I sort of pieced it together and made it a 753/854 working tractor which turned out to be a pretty strong runnin' round hood.

Here's what it looks like today

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

JimD

Nice looking little roundyhood there Ray. Is that one of Jo's (buckrancher's wife) seat covers on it?

dclarke

Lookin good Ray! :dunno: good to see you back on here too.

Coadster32

Nice peice-together! :dunno:

rmaynard

Ray,

Is that the one that Pandora had a hand in late one night in June? :dunno:

Suburban 550

Ray,

Is that the one that Pandora had a hand in late one night in June? :dunno:

That's the one, Bob. :help: You got that right Jim, it's one of Jo's seat covers and the one Brian hauled the motor back home to New York to get the broken head bolt out. Chris, I couldn't tell you how many parts from different tractors were used to piece that one together. :wh: I originally bought it for the motor and didn't have the heart to part it out. Denny, hopefully I can get started again on the 701, but with everything that has been goin' on, I'm way behind schedule for next years show.

Retired Wrencher

:dunno: :wh: Hi Ray nice set up u have that spreader looks like it can cover some ground. How does she plow?? plenty of power?? I think low to ground may help. T/Care Gary B..................

HorseFixer

There ya go my friend, nothing like a blast from the past! :dunno: Isnt it neat how these tractors have their own unique history and stories to tell? Do you have all the side covers for her? Take care

~Duke

stevasaurus

That is one fine looking horse Ray. I find that I like those skinny snow tires on the Round Hoods...a lot more traction there then you would think. :dunno: Is that snow from this winter already??

Gene_S

Nice worker Ray!!!

Now I miss my 653 and 702 even more... :dunno:

Suburban 550

Gary, for my first round hood that I used as a worker, it does a pretty well plowing with more than enough power. Came home Halloween weekend to a foot of wet snow and didn't have any of the other tractors ready except that one, with the plow on with no chains, it did well cleanin' up. :dunno: Steve, pics were from last winters snow after changin' the transmission when it kept jammin' in gear. Duke, I thought it was unusual to see that video still on youtube and brought back some memories of how sad it looked backed then and yea it does have all the side covers on it. Gene, I don't think I would be able to part with any of my round hoods. PM me your address and price with shipping for another set of hood bolts for my 701. I've seemed to have lost it in the shuffle. :wh:

• Like 1