Sign in to follow this  
EdG.

where to get rubber bumpers, for under the fender/seat pan

EdG.

Does anyone know where I can get those rubber bumpers that goes under the fender/seat pan.

The part number is #5667 and they go on my 1969 electro-12.

They are thin push-in type bumpers that has a pad about 1/8" thick and about 1 1/8" dia.

Ed

Rollerman

I buy them at my Toro/WheelHorse dealer.

Even though the name is discontinued, many parts are still available like the rubber bumper pads.

rmaynard

They are thin push-in type bumpers that has a pad about 1/8" thick and about 1 1/8" dia.

Ed

When you get them, they will look more like little black mushrooms. Yours are flattened and spread out. The new ones will look like a 3/4" round dome.

e5c288e8.jpg

HorseFixer

Thanks :dunno: Need Some for my 417 too. And I do like them better than the Springs on

the 520 that really Marrs the paint all up altho Ive been thinking on a fix for that. :wh:

~Duke

EdG.

After doing some research I found some rubber bumpers that looked close to the originals.

Although the originals looked to be flat disc shaped on top these have a domed shape on top but

they are not real thick so I think they will work just fine.

I have a real hard time attaching pictures, but I think I have the link attached to view them below.

Ed

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2135932790087987531ZwByzJ

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2308183240087987531QFMZmL

Trouty56

I've also gotten from Toro....Ed, where did you come across these???

EdG.

I got those rubber bumpers from ' Mouser Electronics'. I don't think I am allowed to provide a link. (???)

Just google Mouser Electronics and type in 836-G2043 (their part number) in their search box. They were 40 cents each

and they had very quick shipping. I bought 50 of them and only plan to keep about 24 of them

so if anybody could really use some just let me know. I don't mind giving the rest away I just

wouldn't like it if they tried to sell them.

They are 1 inch dia. and fit into a 1/2" hole in up to 11 guage material.

If anyone needs some just PM me with name and address, I would send them out, free, in groups of 8 until their gone.

Ed

EdG.

Well I have depleated my supply of extra 'rubber bumpers' but I will repeat the info as to where I got them.

I can't say that they will fit all WH tractors but they worked good on my 69 Electro-12 and 70 Charger.

"Just google Mouser Electronics and type in 836-G2043 (their part number) in their search box. They were 40 cents each

and they had very quick shipping."

EdG.

Trouty56

Thanks Ed...jeez, I missed your first reply...that was mighty nice of you to offer them out. :dunno:

Kelly

You guys are talking about 2 diff. bumpers, the old flat style was used on the fenders and then the hood hinge area till the 80's the mushroom style are used on the running boards to keep the fenders from rubbing, on the newer tractors, both can be had right from toro.

EdG.

All I know is when I got my 1969 Elerctro-12 and my 1970 Charger both tractors had one rubber bumper that survived all these years on them that was a flat disc about 1 1/8" dia. and it was about 1/8" thick. I looked up the part number and my Toro dealer said that old part number was discontinued or no good. For one thing I really hate going or calling my local Toro dealer for Wheelhorse parts because they give me the impression that they don't want to mess with Wheelhorse parts. And on top of that it's a 40 mile round trip to get there and back. With their non-caring attitude they really piss me off, every time I had went there and their prices are so out of this world that I now have quit going there. I grew up 'oldschool' where service people were there to help people, but unfortunately more and more that is not the case today. (sad)

I am glad that I found RedSquare because we all have the same goal in mind and I have learned a lot by reading for hours all the information about the old Wheelhorse tractors. Thanks to all RS members!!!!

I found some rubber bumpers very close to the originals on the Internet and took a gamble and bought 50 of them. What I didn't use and keep for some future tractors I have now given away to RS members that could use them. I just wanted to contribute something to help some others in a small way.

The rubber bumper that I found are not flat but have a slight dome shape on top which makes them about a total of 7/32" thick and they are only 1" overall diameter, but they work perfect on my two tractors.

I have no knowledge if they are of any use on other Wheelhorse tractors other than the two that I have. (??)

But if I keep reading RS I may learn that information and more someday.

On my application there was only 4 of them, all the same part number, and all on the underside of the fender/seat pan. Two went where the fender/seat platform sat down on the tractor on each side of where the fender/seat pan latch was at and one on each side of the fender/seat pan where the fenders would rub against the sides of the shifter box between your legs.

Ed

:dunno:

Trouty56

Ed...you did good finding an alternative supply. My tractors use those same bumpers. Now if I could just figure out if I need the other style. I don't have anything newer than a '75.

sorekiwi

For one thing I really hate going or calling my local Toro dealer for Wheelhorse parts because they give me the impression that they don't want to mess with Wheelhorse parts.

I wont do my customary rant here on why you should support your local Toro dealer, but I will state that it is all our interests to have your local dealer survive in this nasty economy.

I hear you on how difficult it is to get a lot of them interested in getting parts for you. Keep in mind that you are asking for parts for a "lawnmower" that is somewhere around 40 years old. Even the kids that work behind the parts counter dont really expect that there are many parts still available.

To make it easy on yourself, find your part #'s first, (look them up in the IPL's that are available for almost all of our stuff), check price and availabilty online through for example Partstree or Milaca etc (this will also tell you the new part # if your part has been superceeded) and then give your local dealer the part number, description and check his price.

My local dealer is usually within a couple of dollars of any online price. He doesnt carry too much of the older stuff on his shelf, but usually gets the parts in for me within a week, and I dont pay any shipping.

Buckshot 1

:dunno: I second what Mike stated. The WH/Toro dealer that I deal with, has been in business for over 50 yrs. Everything I needed in parts for the 656 he had in NOS., and with a fair price. :wh:

EdG.

I'm sure not all Toro dealers are as bad as the one that I have locally.

I'm glad some of you RS members have had good luck with your dealers.

Ed

varosd

Thanks again to Ed.G for the generous spirit and don't we all wish more of the world was like this!!

:wh:

I support my local Toro dealer and diligently bring in my Dad's old 1977 parts catalog and any updated parts number to try to help out, fully understanding a $2.00 part is small potatoes compared to a brand new Dingo on the showroom floor. I'm sure back in 1977 there was a guy with a RJ part request doing the same thing!! :dunno:

sometimes though, I can just catch a rolling of the eyes as I come through the door.

chesbaycruiser

I got those rubber bumpers from ' Mouser Electronics'. I don't think I am allowed to provide a link. (???)

Ed...FYI...as I understand the rules, you are prohibited from linking to items for sale on Craigslist, eBay, etc. (unless it is your own item in the classifieds section).

As far as I know, linking to an informative site, article, etc. is A-OK!

CB

:dunno:

SAM58

All I know is when I got my 1969 Elerctro-12 and my 1970 Charger both tractors had one rubber bumper that survived all these years on them that was a flat disc about 1 1/8" dia. and it was about 1/8" thick. I looked up the part number and my Toro dealer said that old part number was discontinued or no good. For one thing I really hate going or calling my local Toro dealer for Wheelhorse parts because they give me the impression that they don't want to mess with Wheelhorse parts. And on top of that it's a 40 mile round trip to get there and back. With their non-caring attitude they really piss me off, every time I had went there and their prices are so out of this world that I now have quit going there. I grew up 'oldschool' where service people were there to help people, but unfortunately more and more that is not the case today. (sad)

I am glad that I found RedSquare because we all have the same goal in mind and I have learned a lot by reading for hours all the information about the old Wheelhorse tractors. Thanks to all RS members!!!!

I found some rubber bumpers very close to the originals on the Internet and took a gamble and bought 50 of them. What I didn't use and keep for some future tractors I have now given away to RS members that could use them. I just wanted to contribute something to help some others in a small way.

The rubber bumper that I found are not flat but have a slight dome shape on top which makes them about a total of 7/32" thick and they are only 1" overall diameter, but they work perfect on my two tractors.

I have no knowledge if they are of any use on other Wheelhorse tractors other than the two that I have. (??)

But if I keep reading RS I may learn that information and more someday.

On my application there was only 4 of them, all the same part number, and all on the underside of the fender/seat pan. Two went where the fender/seat platform sat down on the tractor on each side of where the fender/seat pan latch was at and one on each side of the fender/seat pan where the fenders would rub against the sides of the shifter box between your legs.

Ed

:thanks:

Ditto to Ed.

:dunno::wh::help:

I think it is great that you have offered to give away parts, that is unhear of, and also should be the spirit of the whole WheelHorse club. I know what you mean about some of the dealers, I would rather mail order than go to their store with their take it or leave it attitude.

Way to go ED.

chesbaycruiser

I agree that we should support our local Toro/Wheelhorse dealers when possible, but sometimes they do make it tough.

I drive a considerable distance, right past :help: a MUCH closer Toro dealer when I need parts for that same reason....s***ty attitude.

I'd much rather burn the extra time and gas to deal with friendly folks :wh: who act like they appreciate my business, than drive around the corner to be met with an attitude that screams "your presence here unwanted, unneeded and a complete aggravation". :thanks:

Glad you found your parts. Making your spares available to others=class act. :dunno:

Kelly

Well I guess I'm lucky, I have 2 old WH dealer near me that still are in business, both know me by sight and one knows my name, and my wife and kids, both places are great to deal with, now one place is a 30 mile drive north of me and the other a 18 mile drive south, but I love the service and both have a pretty good stock of older parts.

can whlvr

the dealer in my town has been the same guy for 50 years,he expects me to get part numbers because of the shear amount of small parts i get,i agree to help them out but some things are close to everyone else some are outragious,a head light bulb is listed at almost 30 dollars and can go to napa or carquest and they are 10 bucks and have them in stock,but we do need to keep them alive for our own needs,i guess i will call him monday for the latest order :dunno: