smoreau

Hydraulic V (dozer) Blade project

tmix

Nice job scott you should work for BOSS plow the factory is 7 miles from me. they make the same thing for 4 wheelers side by sides. Please keep posting how you plum and what kind of valves you use. That a BOY :dunno: tmix

smoreau

I got all my fittings yesterday and got every thing plumbed and wired for the v blade today. Sorry I didn't get any pics as my camera had dead batteries again :dunno: I need to make some hose mounts under the engine plate so they are in a safe spot and not rubbing on any thing. That is the plan for sunday, I need to get this project done before I start building the heavy duty 2" hitches I'm selling. I have to say getting to the lift valve on the 417A was the hardest part of plumbing this tractor for extra hydraulics. The ports in front of the hood didn't come out as nice as I would have liked, but it will work. I do have to say that the blade works Great!!!! and has plenty of power to angle the blade wings. I will post pics very soon and will try to get a video up also. Thats it for now, and thanks for the great comments!

dgoyette

That is amazing Scott. :dunno: :wh:

smoreau

Scott is the hinge all home made or something you bought???

Another question is I've seen a 48, 54 and a 56 (D-series) blade. That's 57 inches???

You were right haasman, it was 56" I was wrong, the blade height is the same as a standard 42-48" blade, the ware bar on the v blade is 58 1/2" across and the blade itself is 57 1/2" across. I know I added 1 1/2" to the blade for the hinge, but I don't know why 57" stuck in my head :wh: Any how I just wanted to clear that up, and admit that I was wrong. :dunno:

bk-scouter

You're doing a great job Scott. I can't wait to see the video and pics of the finished product. You are truly a talented guy behind the welder man ! :dunno:

-BK

smoreau

Ok The blade is done and I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Like I said before plumbing the hydraulic lines from the original lift valve was the worst part. Hard to get to, But I was able to unbolt the valve and remove the lines from the lift cylinder, and pull it out through the dash and remove the return line to the filter. Then I installed the sae6 o-ring fitting into the valve and attach the new hose to go to the angle valves. Then I had to run a new line from the angle valves to the filter. I removed the filter housing and plumbed in a new fitting and reinstalled the filter and housing. Then I installed the fittings into the hood. They didn't turn out like I wanted, as I couldn't put all male fittings strait out. They are too close together, so I put two female connectors on top and two males on bottom on a angle. After I had it all plumbed I had to wire the valves. I made a nice switch box to control the blade and mounted it to the seat pan. The power goes from fused power when the key is on to a on-off switch just under the hood. This way if the switches get bumped with the blade off, it won't dead head the pump in the eaton trans. Last I installed the chains front and rear and its ready for old man winter or mother nature :wh:

at the end of this post will be a video (if I can get it to work) of the blade wit Tom operating the blade.

The original return line from the valve to the filter

234.jpg

The new lines from the original lift valve to the angle valves and back to the filter.

238.jpg

239.jpg

236.jpg

241.jpg

237.jpg

256.jpg

235.jpg

And the front of the tractor with the ports sticking out

248.jpg

249.jpg

247.jpg

258.jpg

242.jpg

257.jpg

Last the switches and on off switches

245.jpg

246.jpg

255.jpg

And a look of the complete tractor

252.jpg

254.jpg

I cant wait for winter :dunno: and the link thingy for the video

th_240.jpg

• Like 2

tmix

Great job :wh: can't stop thinken how big of a smile you will have plowing this winter. Would love to see a video when the white stuff comes? t mix P.S You might want to put a strip of rubber across the top edge like boss plows do. So when you have it in the forward V the snow pilling up in the front will not come over. Just my 2 cents. Great JOB :dunno:

Kelly

This looks like it turned out GREAT, you did a very nice job, and the craftsmanship is very nice, you now have a one of a kind snow beast.

massey

That is just so cool. :dunno::wh: :help:

MaineDad

WOW - This is one of the coolest builds I have seen!

Doubletrouble

X2. One of the coolest things I've seen!

boatman

:dunno: That is a really neat project there. Looks great and I love what you

are doing with hydraulics.Great pics too!

c175inMA

so when does mass production start? :dunno: :wh:

Ole MN

:dunno: very nice job, make sure to let us know how well it works in snow. One more thing in your video were you sending signals? I'm sure I seen the same thing in an old Navy movie.

Great job.

jusjeepn

Beautiful Job! Excellent craftsmanship! Looks like a very usefull tool for this winter. I do have one question though. Do you plan on using this to mow with in the spring? Now I know pictures can be deceiving but it sure looks like your hyd. couplers are going to have a lot of strain on them when a mule drive is attached and the hood is up...

wallfish

Very nice build, it turned out great. I like the choice of valves for that application too.

can whlvr

very nice job :dunno:

smoreau

Beautiful Job! Excellent craftsmanship! Looks like a very usefull tool for this winter. I do have one question though. Do you plan on using this to mow with in the spring? Now I know pictures can be deceiving but it sure looks like your hyd. couplers are going to have a lot of strain on them when a mule drive is attached and the hood is up...

This tractor doesn't get lawn duty, so that would not be a problem. It will be for the v blade in the winter, and spring-fall it will get the grader blade and cart duty. Also with the 2" hitch in the back that I am selling, it will be for moving trailers etc. I also have a 48" dozer blade that I use in the woods to move dirt and sticks. I don't know if the hydro rear end could handle a brush on the front of the tractor. I guess I could find a way to use the pto to drive the brush, but I would like it to angle left and right if you know what I mean. But one thing I would like to start building is a hydro pedal setup for forward and rev. on hydro tractors. I need one to copy to start making one as I want 2 of them for my self. Then a few dozen for sale. :dunno:

:wh: for all your great comments

312Hydro

That's a really great plow setup! Congrats to you on a well executed build! :dunno:

Stigian

Scott.. That's a pure work of art, certainly the coolest Wheel Horse snow blade I've ever seen :dunno:

dgoyette

But one thing I would like to start building is a hydro pedal setup for forward and rev. on hydro tractors. I need one to copy to start making one as I want 2 of them for my self. Then a few dozen for sale. :dunno:

:wh: for all your great comments

I'll be in for 1 or 2 of these foot controls when you get to them.

AMC RULES

Yeah, I want one of those too. :dunno:

KyBlue

So uh when are you going to be leaving it outside so I can come kidnap it? Your cooperation is much appreciated .. haha

GREAT job!!!! Too bad I don't have Hydraulics!

kpinnc

I can't believe I missed this. Very nice build! :handgestures-thumbup:

fireman

Awesome job with the plow! Looks like it will work perfect.