Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

I can check another one off the "want list"

grnlark

Over the weekend I was able to get my hands on this Struck mini dozer. I've been looking for one for a long time and finally this one came along for a great price. It was part of a large estate auction. When I got there, the place was packed wall-to-wall with people. The prices were flying high for hours, which got me somewhat discouraged. But three hours into it when the dozer hit the block, it was me and one other guy going at it. Fortunately and much to my suprise, he bailed sooner than expected. :dunno:

I have no idea what year or model it is. It has the original Tec in it, which seems to have great compression. The gas tank is spotless and clean. My only issue now is figuring out how on earth I'm going to get it off the trailer. It's considerably heavier than I thought. Maybe some brute force this weekend from friends will help... Once I get it on some dollies, then I can give it a well deserved bath and try to get it fired up.

If anyone has any clue exactly what I have here, I'd love to know. In the meantime I'll continue to scour the internet.

Thanks

dozer_1.jpg

dozer_2.jpg

dozer_3.jpg

Sparky

If anyone has any clue exactly what I have here, I'd love to know. In the meantime I'll continue to scour the internet.

Oh!!Ohh!! I know! You have a yeller bulldozer :dunno: ! But seriously, cool machine. I bet it rips your yard up tho.

Mike.......

jay in nc

if it was mine i would spray it down with purple stuff or greased lightning take it to the car wash spend 3 dollars in quarters on it then take it off the trailer. i would love to find one that good, nice buy!

dgoyette

Way cool Matt! I would love to get my hands on one of those.

wovennut

Nice find. Its probably a m1200 or m1600. You can google struck magnatrack compamy and they have all the info that you need. You can get drawings of your machine and parts list. Also yahoo has a struck group which is great. I just restored mine this past winter and sold it this spring. What a fun machine.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

fireman

Hey Matt,

I got an real nice restored RJ I might trade ya for it :dunno:

grnlark

Oh!!Ohh!! I know! You have a yeller bulldozer :wh: ! But seriously, cool machine. I bet it rips your yard up tho.

Mike.......

Yeah, not real practical for the driveway or my lawn, but I have a corn field behind my house with a long dirt road along the side :dunno:

grnlark

Hey Matt,

I got an real nice restored RJ I might trade ya for it :dunno:

You know whats funny, yesterday I was looking around the garage at the dozer and everything else in there and said to myself, ok three RJ's are unnecessary. Probably going to launch one and just keep my 35 and one 58.

fireman

Are you sure? I'll make you an offer you can't refuse :dunno:

grnlark

Had an opportunity to give it a bath. This thing really is super clean and solid. Upon visual inspection I think it's going to need a few belts, which from what I've read so far can turn into a major job. We'll see...

struck_1.jpg

struck_2.jpg

Ken B

Sweet find Matt. I could really tear some chit up with that!

VinsRJ

I have to say this is one of the cleanest Strucks I've seen. And not to mention all original too!

dw1973

I just traded my MD45 away. The belts are a pain in the a** and it would not push snow over 6in deep. Real tempermental machine that lost its charm with me fairly quick.

grnlark

I just traded my MD45 away. The belts are a pain in the a** and it would not push snow over 6in deep. Real tempermental machine that lost its charm with me fairly quick.

From people I've talked to, they say that the alignment of the belts and pulleys are a nightmare if the machines have been modified or taken apart and put back together. One advantage I think I have is that this one clearly has never been apart. There's several vids on YouTube of these things moving decent amounts of dirt too. One guy local to me said his father once dug an entire hole for a garage foundation with one of these. :dunno:

I'm going to try to squeak by with the belts that are there, otherwise I'm hoping to just swap them with mininimal interuption of other things around them. They're not cracked or broken, but I think a few are pretty stretched.