Sign in to follow this  
brandon250

d series snowblowers

brandon250

are the d series snowblowers a 2 stage or a one stage unit

c175inMA

i just saw one on ebay which looked to be a single stage unit. I seem to recall seeing a two stage snowblower on a d-series a while back though :thumbs2: someone with more knowledge will chime in and set me strait if i'm wrong

Shuboxlover

The D-series blowers are 48" single stage units...

I cannot attest to how well they work....maybe the owner of VERMONSTER will chime in :thumbs2:

slufoot733

I have a single stage snow thrower on my D-200. It works well but can clog up easily if I move forward too fast. Each snowfall is different, some light and fluffy, others wet and heavy. The thrower will handle them all but the driver must 'test the waters' to see what speed the snow thrower will best handle that particular snow. If it clogs up it will stop and you can damage the belt or PTO clutch. I always run mine at full throttle to keep the auger moving as fast as possible. I regulate the tractor speed with the hydro trans. To date I have no complaints.

GerryW

The D-series blowers are 48" single stage units...

I cannot attest to how well they work....maybe the owner of VERMONSTER will chime in :thumbs:

HAHAHA!! I LOVE mine, but it's one of a kind now. I find it works best if you make sure the blower is full, and at a walking speed most of the times other then the 26 inch whopping we got hit with last year. Then I had to slow down some. Keep the blower COLD, and the chute spray it with pam or some other slick type of spray. Others have their choices.

But as stated, you will find the best speed for the type of snow you have at the time. Mine will pitch it 40ft in a light type of snow.

Good luck!