Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

417-8 With Swept Forward Axle Conversion & 3 PT

stevebo

This is NOT a show tractor rather my worker. I purchased a complete swept forward gear reduction front end from Matt860 off a 520. I was able to get it installed with a few minor mods including having to shave about 2 inches off the horizontal length of the rock shaft and added a a pillow block on the dash tower. Again... this is not a show machine but it really does steer smooth with one finger :thumbs2:

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

smoreau

Very nice worker there Stevebo. I take that it is a 86 as it has lights on the dash. I have a 85 417-A for a worker and love the power of the kohler 17 series II engine! How does the rear lift work on your tractor? I don't see a lift handle and its a 8 speed, :thumbs2: how you make the 3 pt work up and down.

Coadster32

Looks good from here. :thumbs2:

VinsRJ

Looks good to me too...... :thumbs2:

stevebo

Scott,

The 3 point mechanically works the same. Only difference is that the rockshaft moves by the linear actuator vs hydro.

wallfish

IMG_2119.jpg

My 416 will be getting this upgrade soon.

Just curious, why did you need to do this?

stevebo

John,

It is overkill I know however the 300/400 and 500 series are known to have a very poor design on the steering. Every one that I have ever owned get loose and the bushing on the inside of the dash tower ends up with a lot of play. I added this, reinstalled the bushing with a new 3/4 collar to hold it in place and added a 3rd bushing just below the original bushing (but did not bolt it in) just in case... I can tell you this set up has ZERO play :thumbs2:

Coadster32

I can tell you this set up has ZERO play

Should last a lifetime as well. :thumbs2:

mattd860

Looks good Steve!!! Nice Job.

dgoyette

Stevbo that is a great worker you have. Great set up!!!!!

smoreau

Scott,

The 3 point mechanically works the same. Only difference is that the rockshaft moves by the linear actuator vs hydro.

Is that a factory liner actuator? or a aftermarket one? and how well does it lift the with a load? I am getting ready to do a 3 point on a 91 520H soon, and looking for ideas :thumbs2:

stevebo

Factory electric. Your 520 hydro is strong enough to lift any cat. "0" implement.

smoreau

Factory electric. Your 520 hydro is strong enough to lift any cat. "0" implement.

Thanks Stevebo! n1defan is also building one for his c120 8 speed, and that's why I was interested in the electric lift. I am planning to use my original hydro lift on my 520H. :thumbs2: