Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

Letting the Horses out of the shed

rmaynard

Decided to clean out the shed today, so I thought I'd let the horses and deere out for a while.

Right to left:

1977 B-100 worker. Getting ready for snow.

1976 B-100 show tractor.

1977 B-100 show tractor.

1966 856

:thumbs2: 1986 John Deere 160

6701cadf.jpg

The John Deere has one purpose and that is to haul around the Cyclone Rake this time of the year. Couldn't attach it to a Wheel Horse because there is no place to mount the two-point hitch.

The worker B-100 was my first. Purchased in 1993. Other than tires, battery and a new starter, has not had any issues since purchased. Other than for reasons of a dead battery and a worn out starter, has never failed to start. She's being cleaned, lubed, getting a new seat, and made ready for winter, and will move into the garage this weekend.

JC 1965

:banghead: Bob, That's one fine looking herd of horses. You did a very good job restoring those two show tractors. They look like they're brand new, maybe better! Keep up the good work. :thumbs2:

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs2: :banghead::banghead: HHHMMMM Bob every thing looks great till you get far left. At least it blends in with the grass. other than that every thing looks great I still like like the 856 a lot can not wait till mine is up in running.well take care and enjoy what little warm sun we have left. Gary B......................

farmer

And if you were asked to pick a favourite?

rmaynard

And if you were asked to pick a favourite?

I'd say the B-100 :banghead:

Even though it looks like sin, the first B-100 is still my favorite. She's like an old faithful dog. Never complains, and is always ready to play.

:thumbs2:

farmer

I know what you mean, its like a favourite jacket or comfy shoes, it just feels right

rexman72

that B 100 looks like a beast.how much would you say that tractor weighs?

rmaynard

The book says it weighs 590 lbs. Add about 100 lbs for the snow plow.

Butch

Lookin good Bob! :thumbs2: :banghead:

JimD

That's a fine looking group Bob. Love em all! :thumbs2: :banghead:

dclarke

You do NICE work Bob! I like those B-100's. I have a 130 J.D. I use all the time at the cemeteries I take care of, bought it for a song and it works well for what I use it for.

rmaynard

I have a 130 J.D. I use all the time at the cemeteries I take care of, bought it for a song and it works well for what I use it for.

I inherited my John Deere 160 from my father. Other than the fact that it won't fire when the temperature is below 50 degrees, it's decent for chopping leaves and pulling around the leave vacuum. I still cut my grass with my walk-behind Honda.