Sign in to follow this  
Vinylguy

FINALLY GOT A TRACTOR

speedyleedy

welcome to the wheel horse famliy terry ! I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do good luck & have fun restoring it :thumbs2:

littleredrider

If you need a plow or snow blower, I have a plow and found a snow blower. This morning while working I stopped at another WH half hour from me and didn't even know they were there. Heard of them but address threw me off. Anyways, they have two ranger plows I think, and though I saw a blower there but can't remember. I was trying to look quick as I could so I wouldn't get in trouble with work.

But you can take a regular 6-2211 blower and make the mounts to fit a ranger. I did this to mine. And put the K181 on it and don't look back. Those motor in a little tractor like that will drag a Tecky powered one all over, and at half throttle.

massey

Congrats on the tractor, have fun with it.

COMMANDO6

The H60 Tucky engine seem to run decent when everything is in good shape, but don't seem to hold up over the years like the Kohlers.

What do you mean? Mine was used for about 20 years, then it sat for 10, then it didn't need much to get it running again and I've used it (the Commando with the H60) for the past 10 years. It runs great in my opinion.

But I wouldn't mind a Commando 8...

But glad to hear that you've got a horse of your own

pfrederi

The H60 Tucky engine seem to run decent when everything is in good shape, but don't seem to hold up over the years like the Kohlers.

What do you mean? Mine was used for about 20 years, then it sat for 10, then it didn't need much to get it running again and I've used it (the Commando with the H60) for the past 10 years. It runs great in my opinion.

But I wouldn't mind a Commando 8...

But glad to hear that you've got a horse of your own

I am so with you. For some reason people here do not like Tecumsehs. My L-107 has been used all its life. The original H60 got new rings after about 10 years and was replaced with an HH70 at about 18 yrs (not because the engine failed but we wanted to get compression release to make it easier for my father to start it). I added electric start and it starts quicker than any of the Kohlers (winter and summer) and is ready to go to work immediately. (The original engine is on the shelf and I do not doubt that I could get running again)

I have a 1977 Troybilt tiller that has a HH60. It is only used a few hours per year but will usually start on the 3-4 pull. ( I do drain the fuel using the very nice spring loaded drain valve on the fuel bowl...something Kohler should have added).

I have never had the "finicky" carb problems people mention. I would suggest you add a good inline fuel filter. They do like to be clean.

Wheel Horse Kid

Hope you enjoy your new tractor! Also, I was on your website the other day and I just wanted to tell you that you have some AWESOME decals!!!

AMC RULES

100_9387.jpg

BTW, great image. :banghead: You should submit it for the next calender. :thumbs2:

rydogg

Congrats on the new tractor :thumbs2: It seems like you have plenty of offers for a motor but if you can't find one I have a couple H60 Teckys that I could part one is a pull start only and the other is electric or pull start.

dclarke

Congrats Terry, better make room in the shed. That won't be your last one. Can't wait to see pics. :thumbs2: