Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Got the 520-H Home

HorseFixer

Well this St. Louis Horse has been gone long enough it was time to get her back closer to home. :D A big thanks goes out to Mike Ole550 for bringing it up to Scott's Meet -n- Greet which saved me A Recovery trip. :thumbs2: Steve WH500SPECIAL purchased this few years ago from A Guy way out in the sticks a million miles from nowhere who was off the grid, lived like a hermit, and believed that Anarchy was in the future and the goverment was gonna screw everybody, So he used this to Mow his compound! :thanks: This tractor is a handyman special because of the low maintenance it has had. :thumbs: Steve just purchased and Parked it so it was no fault of his, If anything he helped in the Rescue Process! :banghead: My intent will be for this machine to become the SNOW CHUCKER but there is alot of work before that can happen. Here are some pics of it loaded at Scott's and then at home. Don't mind that stupid box that had the covers and parts in it Steve threw that in for "NO CHARGE" <_< I am sending him a bill cause it Stunk Up my parts! :banghead:

~Duke

IMG-20110930-00083.jpg

IMG-20110930-00080.jpg

IMG-20110930-00086.jpg

Mike Ole550 trying to run me over but failed because of my Cat like Reflexes! :thumbs:

IMG-20110930-00077.jpg

DSCN3756.jpg

Sparky

Yep....that sucker has SNOW-CHUCKER written all over it.

Good luck with her Duke.

Mike.........

CRE1992

Congrats Duke, I look forward to following the restore or rehab you are going to do to it :banghead: , as well as the new snow chucker videos! Btw Duke, the 520's have a 20amp charge, so that means you could add some more light, a heater, defrosters or anything that floats your boat :thumbs2:

:banghead:

-Charles

Ken B

I don't know what it needs but with a little compound and wax she won't look bad at all! I can't wait to hear the Onan chuckin some snow. That is if you get any this yr!

312Hydro

Lookin' good! Great find and if he was off the grid better check that gas tank. No tellin what he ran in it! :thumbs2:

dclarke

Looks good Duke, but I bet it's about to look a whole lot better. :thumbs2:

can whlvr

nice grab,i cant wait to see her new look too,probally be done next week the way you move on them :thumbs2:

fireman

Hey Duke,

Nice score! and nothin wrong with that "stupid box" :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Thanks Guys :D Shes a handyman special, The pictures look much better than she is, and The engine has little puff of smoke when rapping on the throttle and it has a ticky ticky that sounds like at the Top by those Valve covers...(anyone have any thoughts there?) Are those covers for adjustments? I will tell you this I have changed the oil twice in 2 hrs of running and the second time it came out black! :thumbs2: The engine is comming off today for clean up & Tractor painting and will be doing a leak down test, the compression was 130 psi on each cylinder altho that is good it doesnt tell the full story. Rest assured whatever she needs she will get Im into it now One thing for sure when Im finished I will know what I got. :banghead: Anyway Well prolly will be posting in the resto section today And will post some pictures of the nastyness of this munged up tractor. :thumbs: And Yes Denny yer right she has got to look and be a bunch better!!!! Most especially if shes gonna take over and be the New Snow Chucker! :banghead: If anyone has anything to add Tips or Tricks jump in I dont know much about these beasts.

:thumbs: ~Duke

Suburban 550

I guess I'm a little late with this post, heard you talk about it, but this is the first I got to see it. :wh: Looks like a good workable piece and with a little TLC, you'll have it a top notch snow chucker in no time. Work your majic, my friend. :dunno:

HorseFixer

I guess I'm a little late with this post, heard you talk about it, but this is the first I got to see it. :thanks: Looks like a good workable piece and with a little TLC, you'll have it a top notch snow chucker in no time. Work your majic, my friend. :dunno:

Thanks Ray!! :wh: Magic??? :thanks: I dont know about that, But a wheel borrow full of money wouldn't hurt! :thanks::help:

Cheers ~Duke :party:

Suburban 550

I guess I'm a little late with this post, heard you talk about it, but this is the first I got to see it. :party: Looks like a good workable piece and with a little TLC, you'll have it a top notch snow chucker in no time. Work your majic, my friend. :dunno:

Thanks Ray!! :wh: Magic??? :party: I dont know about that, But a wheel borrow full of money wouldn't hurt! :thanks::thanks:

Cheers ~Duke :)

Duke, what I meant by majic was a "money tree". :thanks: I know you can't see this one sittin' since winter will soon be here. Good Luck with it. :help: