Sign in to follow this  
spark949

520 at full throttle question

spark949

I know the owners manual says to run the 520H at full throttle when in use or suffer damage to the hydrostatic drive. I'm just wondering if everyone that has one does just that. Other that being very loud, it sure is a gas guzzler at full speed all day.

Kelly

I run mine when working them at close to full throttle, just putting around with no load on them about half throttle, yes they like gas.

Raider12

Yeppers, these 520's are like running a big block chevy! :thumbs2:

CRE1992

I run mine at 3000 rpm when mowing, if I am mowing high grass with the 60" deck, I run it at 3400 rpm when I am in high grass. Yes it likes gas, but if anyone has older farm tractors like I do, you really don't mind :banghead: . If you want efficiency get a smaller engine or a diesel. Not trying to step on anyone's shoes, but it is a fact. :thumbs2:

:banghead:

Charles

stevebo

I run mine wot around 3400 rpm when mowing with the 60 inch deck too. I wish I could find one of those auxillary fuel tanks that were an option. I go through just about 1 tank each time I mow the yard. I have to say that it is really a lot of fun tho... :thumbs2:

CRE1992

I run mine wot around 3400 rpm when mowing with the 60 inch deck too. I wish I could find one of those auxillary fuel tanks that were an option. I go through just about 1 tank each time I mow the yard. I have to say that it is really a lot of fun tho... :banghead:

You may go through one take of gas, which equates to about what 2.5 gallons? I really don't think that's going through a lot of gas at all. My Massey MF50 has a 15 gallon tank and burns through approximately 3.4 gallons of gas an hour. (35 HP, 4 cylinder, 134CI :thumbs2:) So if you want to complain about gas think again :banghead:

Raider12

If you want efficiency get a smaller engine or a diesel. Not trying to step on anyone's shoes, but it is a fact. :banghead:

:banghead:

Charles

Your not stepping on mine that for sure. I myself knew what what I was getting into when I bought this mean machine. Somethings are worth the cost. :thumbs2:

Ken B

I run mine wot around 3400 rpm when mowing with the 60 inch deck too. I wish I could find one of those auxillary fuel tanks that were an option. I go through just about 1 tank each time I mow the yard. I have to say that it is really a lot of fun tho... :thumbs2:

Steve, those of us that know you, know you have only one speed. WFO!