Sign in to follow this  
fourwheels0

snowblower belt issue?

fourwheels0

i just put my snowblower on and i think it has the wrong belt (it came with the blower).

should the belt fit in the pully more?

it just barely rubs the front housing.

DSCN4095.jpg

DSCN4094.jpg

C-Series14

Yep, looks too wide...

Butch

What's the Model # of your blower. People here will tell you what belt should be used plus you might be able to get it off the Toro site.

fourwheels0

the model is

#6 6211

serial #522048

it is an older blower that had the short frame mount and i bolted up a long frame mount to it.

everything fits fine and works like it should except the belt issue.

because i changed the frame mount will i have a problem getting the right belt to work? like the length?.

fourwheels0

ok i think the correct belt should be #8231

i read the stens belt #248070 replaces the #8231.

is this correct?.

i should i have a 1/2 x 70inch belt correct?.

wallfish

The belt does fit tight between the pulley and the blower on all of them but it shouldn't touch. You can try moving the shaft back a little by loosening the bolts for the bearing, pull the shaft back if there is any play and re-tighten the bolts. I think mine only have about 1/8" clearance. If that doesn't work, you could change the pulley. The pulley on the blower should be 5 1/2"

. The Toro belt # for the newer blowers is 9750 which is a 5/8 belt

Butch

I couldn't find anything. But I did find your blowers manual for sale on Ebay. Jdog from this site is selling it.

fourwheels0

The belt does fit tight between the pulley and the blower on all of them but it shouldn't touch. You can try moving the shaft back a little by loosening the bolts for the bearing, pull the shaft back if there is any play and re-tighten the bolts. I think mine only have about 1/8" clearance. If that doesn't work, you could change the pulley. The pulley on the blower should be 5 1/2"

. The Toro belt # for the newer blowers is 9750 which is a 5/8 belt

well sure enough i loosened the bolts on the bearing carrier and it slid back a touch.

i now have plenty of clearance.

thanks wallfish.

Kelly

I think the old blowers used a 1/2" belt the new use a 5/8" belt and if your running the new style belt on the old pulley it will not drop in the V as far as it should and that looks to be the case, but if you have it working your all set, just watch for belt wear.

fourwheels0

I think the old blowers used a 1/2" belt the new use a 5/8" belt and if your running the new style belt on the old pulley it will not drop in the V as far as it should and that looks to be the case, but if you have it working your all set, just watch for belt wear.

yup i have the old style blower that uses the 1/2 inch belt.

i will need to get a new belt though as this one definitely has some wear on it.

i just wanted to get it hooked up and make sure everything works like it should and it does.

a few minor things to do like smooth the inside of the shoot,new belt,grease everything real good and i'm ready for the snow.