Sign in to follow this  
hollieskennels

Help with 316-8

hollieskennels

Hi guys glad I found this forum i am trying to rebuild and repair a 316-8 but the plate with the serial number etc is so worn it cant be read i have worked out it has an ONan engine due to markings on a lot of parts but that is about it i am trying to source a ignition coil and also locate the oil filter you probably wont believe this but three grown men stood around for 3 hrs today looking everywhere for the oil filter and still we cant find one?? although the onan website clearly shows an iol filter on this engine in the parts catalogue can anyone shed any light on this for me also any other tips or info on the 316-8 would be greatly apreciated oh by the way i am based in the uk so parts are not so east to come by

CRE1992

I can't help you with the coil, but it is possible that is does not have a oil filter. I have had a 416H that had an oil filter, and a 516H that did not. The same may apply to the 316 you have. If there was on oil filter it would be on the right side of the engine, under the battery. There will either be a hole in the sheet metal where a filter would be, or there could also be a rubber plug. That is where the oil filter would be if there was an oil filter.

Aussie

2bxtdu.jpg

Here is a picture of the left side of an Onan with the tins off and you can clearly see the filter below the rear cylinder

With the tins on the filter is harder to see but pokes out through the shroud. It may be that yours doesn't have a filter as Charles suggested.

30uqsrr.jpg

10nvy92.jpg

These aren't my photos, just from earlier posts on here

My 416 - 8 and all my 520's have the same filter set up

:thumbs2: