Sign in to follow this  
John T

New Toro Red gallon /pint

John T

Gentlemen,

Have any of you recently bought some recently? I just spoke to the Toro in Augusta Maine and I am speaking French to them. I will buy it online or whatever. Thanks for all your expertise guys. I am set on New Toro Red.

john

John T

looking for a place to buy it

Forest Road

Af friend of mine is toro dealer. He purchased toro red from toro last year. Have it to a body shop and lets just say they hated it. It was probably mixed a long long time ago. I used PPG IH red on the blower. If you want the pain codes pm me.

wallfish

Coadster32 had some a while back, you could try sending him a PM if he doesn't see this thread.

312Hydro

Contact Niles Chemical Paint Company. They are the producer of Wheel Horse Paint.This is pre 2000 paint. They have both formulas. You may have to do a group buy as they wanted a minimum order of $250. I would get it in Quarts if you do.

Excerpt from my "The Road to Redemption "post-

"I talked to a formulator at Niles Chemical Paint Co. where :thumbs2: paint is made. I found out that I need to use xylene as a thinner for the Toro paint. Up to 20% and I also can use acrylic enamel hardener up to 10 0unces per gallon. Toluene can also be used as a thinner but would be too fast for this temp. The paint I have didn't change until 2000. Toro had Niles add a little blue to it at that time. I also found out that you can buy Paint directly from Niles."6c3c9f06.jpg

• Like 1

Coadster32

I bought a gallon and a few cans of spray touch-up paint from a local toro dealer a few years back. The saying goes "New Toro Red for old Wheel Horse tractor". They touch-up spray can color is a bit different from the gallon color. I painted a suburban frame with the gallon, and sprayed the tins. Slight difference, (but I'm not doing it over again). The gallon can paint was darker in color, and the spray can was a bit lighter, and definatly glossier. It was pricey, and quite honestly, won't pay that money again on my next redo. I brushed straight from the can, and also sprayed with some thinner mixed in. The paint does work ok, but I am definatly not a great painter by any stretch of the imagination. I'd try directly from the niles factory if I were you. Chances are, a toro dealr would have their stuff sitting on the shelf a good while. Good luck.

John T

Thank you all

HorseFixer

Niles Chemical Paint Co. where :banghead: paint is made.

Wheres Niles Chemical Paint Co at? :banghead: Neil Hannowick is the owner Great Guy and loves his Cocktails. Have bellied up to the Bar with him on several occasions, I might have to slip him Some Apple Juice and make a Paint Deal! :thumbs2:

312Hydro

Niles Chemical Paint Co. where :banghead: paint is made.

Wheres Niles Chemical Paint Co at? :banghead: Neil Hannowick is the owner Great Guy and loves his Cocktails. Have bellied up to the Bar with him on several occasions, I might have to slip him Some Apple Juice and make a Paint Deal! :thumbs2:

See if you can get some "complimentary" quarts of pre-2000 red! :D

rexman72

Gentlemen,

Have any of you recently bought some recently? I just spoke to the Toro in Augusta Maine and I am speaking French to them. I will buy it online or whatever. Thanks for all your expertise guys. I am set on New Toro Red.

john

john i buy all my paint from downeast sharpning in raymond maine.they usually have it in stock.

mrc

hi guys, my friend mark just painted my 416-8. it came out great and i hope to post pics soon. he mentioned he found wh red in autocraft brand paints. i can get the number if there is interest. mike in mass.