Sign in to follow this  
RedMaine

520 XI power lift question?

RedMaine

After picking up the 520 XI yesterday, i removed the Snow Blower so that I could re-attach the mowing deck.

I am new to this, so there is probably something that I am overlooking.. but when I lower the power lift to engage the slots on the deck, it does not lower.

I can see that there are two eye bolt looking pieces that are not moving, while the lift mechanism is rotating? It looks as if the rotating piece is just sliding up and down the eye bolts. The J bolt bracket is staying up at the top of the frame. Is there something that is locking it up? I am afraid that even if I manage to get the deck attached, I will not be able to lower it.

Thanks,

Mark

wh500special

Mark,

I'm going from memory, so I am going to miss something here...

There should be two arms, one on each side of the tractor, that are hinged at the back tractor. On each arm is a spring-loaded, U-shaped "pin" that can be engaged against the tractor's frame to keep them from moving when the mid lift is not needed. Pull the pins and rotate them a bit and the arms will drop free.

It's been a while that I messed with implement changeover since I'm not using my tractor right now (dad is), but it should be apparent once you've done it a time or two.

Steve

RedMaine

I pulled the J pins, but maybe they need to be pulled further.. I pulled them and rotated them, but did not feel anything drop. Will let you know.. Thanks

RedMaine

There are 2 small pins with hairpin cotters in them.. They hold up the brackets towards the back.. They need to be pulled for the arms with the J pins to drop.. It took a drop light to see them.. Got it on, and working.. Now if it will stop raining, I can give it a whirl.. Nothing like doing it yourself the first time to learn it.. Thanks for your comments..

Mark

rexman72

There are 2 small pins with hairpin cotters in them.. They hold up the brackets towards the back.. They need to be pulled for the arms with the J pins to drop.. It took a drop light to see them.. Got it on, and working.. Now if it will stop raining, I can give it a whirl.. Nothing like doing it yourself the first time to learn it.. Thanks for your comments..

Mark

mark theres alot of great knowledge on here.