Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

GT-1800

Sparky

Picked up a GT-1800 today and according to the guy sellling it the tractor just quit in his yard and wouldnt start. I bought it right there in the middle of his backyard where it died. Got it home and discovered it has an electric fuel pump and the hot or positive wire had fallen off whatever it was hooked to behind the dash. I touched it to the positive terminal on the battery and it makes a bit of noise so I'm thinkin its a good pump. My questions are, did this tractor come stock with the electric pump or is it aftermarket, and where would the hot wire go? I have no experience with the Briggs machines whatsoever. I bought this tractor with the intentions of selling it all off in pieces thinking that the motor was shot, but now I'm thinking the motor might not be shot and I'd like to hear it run before I decide what to do with it. The attachments are going to be sold but I might keep the tractor if its a good runner.

Mike........

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

SALTYWRIGHT

THAT PUMP IS NOT WHAT SHOUD BE THERE. JUST HOOK UP THE WIRE TO A HOT SIDE OF THE SWITCH WHEN THE KEY IS ON. I HAVE THE SAME TRACTOR AND THEY ARE GOOD. CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. RUSS :thumbs2: