Sign in to follow this  
banchee30

C-120 Transmission Swap from Hydro to 8 speed

banchee30

I am changing over a C-120 Hydro to an 8 speed transmission. What models have the same transmission/controls?

I know of a B-80 that can be bought reasonable so just wondering...

Thanks for all the advice as I dont know much about wheel horses. :thumbs2:

Jerry

Kelly

It will be easier to swap engines, you will need a complete donor tractor to swap out the trans.

I'm in MI and have rolling tractors that would help you out, by just using your engine.

daveoman1966

It will be easier and cheaper to swap your 12hp engine into a B or C series tractor with the 8-speed trans. I am in n/w PA and I have two B-100's that would readily accept your engine.

If not that way, you'll need the hoodstand from an 8-speed which is totally different from an automatic. I have the hoodstand to do that too.

If you wish to pursue this further, contact me in conventional emails so we can easily send pics back and forth. My email address is:

daveoman@windstream.net

kpinnc

I agree. Way too much to change on a C120. Put your engine on another machine. You've got many more options that way as well.

And I do NOT have a tractor to sell... :thumbs2:

Just in case you might have thought that was motivating some of the answers you got. Kelly and Dave wouldn't mislead you, but I see you're new to the forum, which is why I said that. This is a great place to get any questions answered you may have.

Welcome, and good luck with the project!

Kevin