Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Horse Kid

Is this a Wheel Horse 1045?

Wheel Horse Kid

Hello,

A few months ago, I uploaded a picture of my Wheel Horse pulling tractor. The decals had been taken off years ago, before I got the tractor and I had always wondered what model of Wheel Horse it really is. From looking at the pictures, some on Red Square suggested the tractor might be a 1045, but could not be for sure. Another member said the only other id (besides the decal on the belt guard) for a 1045 was a serial number. Well today, I found the serial number while I was washing the tractor!!!!

The serial number is 22987. My question is this a true 1045 or is it some other model of Wheel Horse?

Here is a picture of it again:

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/...lingTractor.jpg

Thanks!

Kelly

It's hard to tell for sure but it does have 1045 looks, the dash tower, low setting engine, 63 style steering, but better pictures would help, was the serial tag just above the lift lever stop? was it a paper sticker? if so that is where they located them on the 1045's.

jusjeepn

I'm not sure what happened to front of the frame/steering or even whats going on up there, but it appears to have been severly hacked. The hood has been raised/modified to fit the engine or hack job that was done on the frame. I really dont see a good way to identify this other than a "close" ID since W/H didn't keep track of serial numbers. Do you have any better/closer pictures?

rjr

The 1045 had tractor fenders. Don't know what else to call them. Also had foot pegs. You will notice them on the cover of the OM

gwest_ca

Your serial number is 22987 and the highest recorded so far for a 1045.

The lowest sn is 21532 for a model 1045 so far.

That is a span of 1455 units.

No other tractor models have shown up in this span.

It has been said there were 1100 units built so if this is true there is an interuption or two in there somewhere.

Garry