Sign in to follow this  
JUSS10

RM-364 spindle bearings

JUSS10

so i've done a few searches on the forum but can't seem to find the info on the bearings i need for my mower deck. been mowing with the 854 all summer and the deck is starting to get pretty noisy and the spindles now have a far bit of play. i was wondering if someone could help me out with the bearings i need for the spindles (and any other bearings on the deck) and maybe refer me to a thread that shows how its done, or is it just a press and fit kind of deal? is napa the best place or are there better sources online? thanks!

Justin

tunahead72

Justin,

I can't help you with your "how to" questions, but ...

Do you have an owner's manual and parts list/diagram for this mower? Toro has one for sale, and you can probably find a free download on the Yahoo group or MyWheelHorse.com.

PartsTree.com has the parts list/diagram, probably some of the other online parts suppliers do as well, you can at least get part numbers and prices from them.

squonk

Don't quote me on this but I believe the spindle bearings are a B1212. The cross shaft brg. no.I would have to look up. I got them at Napa. The cross bearings were from their small engine line. They are an odd size. Not a common off the shelf item at least though them. Check your cross shaft were those bearings ride. My 32" deck and many others I've seen, the shaft is worn down allowing the cross shaft to move beck and forth making the gears bang. You either need a new shaft of at minimum new bearings and some Loctite shaft retainer. I just did mine. Took lot's of pics but most of them got deleted by accident. :thumbs2:

Lane Ranger

Mike is correct the bearings are B1212 needle bearings in a case and there are two in each spindle.

Should be readily avaialbe at any bearing supply. Pretty common.

I use a large dowell rod to place in the shaft. You can remove old ones and clean the shaft and place a good grease or lube to set the new bearings.

:thumbs2:

JUSS10

thank you!

are the bearings in the pulley that attaches to the PTO replaceable as well? how about the ones for the shaft between the spindles?

Justin

jbumgarner

If you haven't already done this you should check out mywheelhorse.com. I looked over and they have the manual for your deck for download. I have done this for all my tractors and attachments, and it makes ordering parts or reassembly so much easier.

JUSS10

i looked, they had the deck listed but no link to a manual? maybe I'm missing something...

JUSS10

i found the 3662 which i think is the same, just different number. that should at least help with the bearing install.

jbumgarner

i looked, they had the deck listed but no link to a manual? maybe I'm missing something...

If you haven't registered with the site, you may not get access. Try to register and look for the document archives. Everything is laid out nicely by year and model, so you should be able to find everything you need.

CasualObserver

Poor quality copy, but it's the right manual.

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 9 )

pdf.gif

RM_364.pdf

JUSS10

I am registered...

thanks casualobserver that will help.

Justin

squonk

:thumbs2: part #1515 cross shaft bearing changes to Toro 101480. And that crosses to Napa Small Engine no. 704141. Those are the ones I bought. Mike