Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

C195 60 inch deck spindle parts help

stevebo

All-

I have a 60 inch deck (older ariens style deck original to the C195). I have it all sandblasted and repainted. The bearings are shot and the spindle housings and spindles are in okay shape. Worst case I will replace the bearings however if there is a source that I can purchase the entire assembly new for a decent price I would rather do that.

I was told that these decks are the same decks offered by ariens with different hangers. I would assume that the ariens replacement spindle assemblies would be what I am looking for. Does anyone know the ariens part numbers for the spindle assemblies? I have seen a few different styles on ebay but not sure if they are correct. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to get this deck finished and put it to use (but only as a Sunday mower :thumbs2: ). Thanks !!

I believe that the ariens deck equal is model 834010.

rmaynard

Steve,

If this is the deck, the spindle housing is listed as 03433500. (item 34 below). I don't know if you have to order all the parts separately, or if they have a replacement assembly.

58749b41.jpg

I found this at the following site:

http://www.ariens.com/corporate/pages/partsradar.aspx

stevebo

Bob,

Thanks for the info however I did find that as well. When I start adding up all the individual components it really adds up. Based on what I discovered when I took my assemblies apart the housings on the bottom end are not to spec as there is slop in the openings where the bearings sit. The shafts are also suspect. It looks like the only things I can use are maybe the bearings as they seem to be pretty good. They must have been replaced at one point. I hope to find another assembly that someone may have used that is a replacement off of a newer zero turn or other. Anyone been there and done that?