Sign in to follow this  
118lfd

8 speed transaxle swapping

118lfd

I have a 310-8 I just put a 16hp Magnum in and I also have 2 different transaxles. 1 is in pieces and needs to be put back together but it is an 8 pinion with 1 1/8 axles. The other is in a raider 10 and works good but I don't know what trans it is. Can either of these be installed in the 310 so I can have the 1-1/8 alxes and an 8 pinion diff?

racinfool40

Should be a bolt in, But the raider would be a 10 pinion differential and depending on the year of the raider would also determine were the brake is located, Up by the axle or away from the axle. But would still swap in all you would have to change is the brake rod. One goes up and over the the brake pulley and one goes in front of the brake pulley..I hope this explains it... :thumbs2:

118lfd

Should be a bolt in, But the raider would be a 10 pinion differential and depending on the year of the raider would also determine were the brake is located, Up by the axle or away from the axle. But would still swap in all you would have to change is the brake rod. One goes up and over the the brake pulley and one goes in front of the brake pulley..I hope this explains it... :thumbs2:

On the raider I noticed the brake and clutch are the same pedal does this matter for the brake rod? Which trans is better the 10 or 8 pinion? Are parts for the 8 pinion available? Like the gears? The edges on the one that I have are ground up pretty good. The hi lo shift fork is cracked but other than that it looks to be in really great shape.

118lfd

Parts I need to put the 8 pinion back together plus gaskets. The bearings are all good

2011-09-20094702.jpg

2011-09-20094717.jpg

2011-09-20094726.jpg

2011-09-20094739.jpg

2011-09-20094748.jpg

racinfool40

Pm Sent might be easier to talk over the phone.. :thumbs2: