Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

For The War on Leaves!

BOWTIE

HELLO, I USED A 42" CRAFTSMAN SWEEPER FOR 30 YEARS. I SWEEP ONE ACRE OF LEAVES. MY TREES ARE OAKS,MAPLES MAINLY TOTAL OF 30 TREES MOST ARE 100' to 150' TALL. MY LARGEST OAK IS 56" AT THE BASE OR 9' AROUND. I HAVE ALOT OF LEAVES. WELL THE SWEEPER FINALLY GAVE OUT AND I BOUGHT A VACUUM 3 YEARS AGO. IT IS A DR PRODUCT 8HP BRIGGS I HAVE ATTACHED TO A 1982 SK486 WHEEL HORSE. I USE TO HATE THE LEAVES BUT NOT NOW. MY 42" SIDE DISCHARGE DECK MULCHES THEM SOME AND THEN DR VACUUM TURNS THEM INTO ULTRA MULCHED WITH VERY LITTLE DUST. I FILL THE 250 GALLON CONTAINER 16-17 TIME IN ONE SEASON. THE DR VACUUM IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN FOR THE MONEY. I PAID $1200 DOLLARS FOR IT NEW AND DELIVERED TO MY DOOR. IT IS A MANUAL START,WITH LIFE TIME BLADE,PNEUMATIC TIRES AND MADE IN USA.

HERE IS MY TWO CENTS WORTH: TO ME A LAWN SWEEPER IS FOR GRASS CLIPPINGS AND A HANDFUL OF LEAVES. I USE TO EMPTY MINE EVERY 50'-75' FEET WHEN I USED IT ON MULCHED LEAVES. IF YOU WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF MY SET UP SEND ME A MESSAGE. BOWTIE@COLUMBUS.RR.COM

BOWTIE IN OHIO

Trouty56

Has anyone tried one of these??? Probably not worth it but it sure looks like it might work...lol...

http://www.lawntractorleafbag.com/

CRE1992

Hey guys don't hate me :thumbs: ! I just bought a 8 horsepower agri-fab trac vac with chipper for $125 :banghead::banghead: And to make matters worse! I stopped at the local pawnshop on the way home and I bought another identical craftsman sweeper NIB for $65! :thanks::D:thumbs:

I cant believe how awesome today was!

Dukester: How you like dem apples?

:thumbs2:

-Charles

HorseFixer
Hey guys don't hate me :thumbs2: ! I just bought a 8 horsepower agri-fab trac vac with chipper for $125

CRE1992

Cre :thumbs: As bobby Bowden would say...... I aint too old to find you Son! :thumbs2:

Its okay Duke, you would just have to come to Jersey first :banghead: ... Bring me the snow chucker while your at it :D:banghead:

-Charles

KC9KAS

Having Duke here is better than subscribing to "CONSUMER REPORTS"!

Thanks for all the info!